DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My old brain

I prefer a tag which 'dangles' and hard to miss. Also I don't have faith in glues coming unstuck.
I like something that dangles also, no real need for it to say anything though..

Might be off topic, but Puritans Pride seems to have best deal now for GB.
( I googled Ginko Biloba shopping. Compared several suppliers. Puritans Pride had the best deal.)
I like Jarrow Neuro Optimizer. I also take Life Extensions Neuro Mag, Phosphatidyl Choline, Phosphatidyl Serine, Opti-Brain, Brain Force and CogniAid. I think i have all bases covered on neuro-nutrition.

• Wow
Reactions: A.O.
I like Jarrow Neuro Optimizer. I also take Life Extensions Neuro Mag, Phosphatidyl Choline, Phosphatidyl Serine, Opti-Brain, Brain Force and CogniAid. I think i have all bases covered on neuro-nutrition.
Sounds like a meal in itself.

You need one minor mod to your ribbon - it has to say "Remove Before Flight" like the one the big boys use....LOL...

You need one minor mod to your ribbon - it has to say "Remove Before Flight" like the one the big boys use....LOL...
Nah, don't need to have to read anything the ribbon alone works fine. In the dozen or so flights since I installed the ribbon not once have I forgotten to remove the gimbal cover... works perfect! Just need to find some ORANGE ribbon!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Garatshay
The one time I powered up my MA2 without removing the gimbal cover was enough to convince me to find a way to prevent its recurrence. The solution I came up with isn't particularly elegant, but it seems to work, for me at least.

I attached a generic wrist strap/lanyard to the hole in the rear tab of the gimbal cover:

IMG_20201228_090632_Resized.jpg

Note that there are no metal components on the strap to scratch the MA2.

A close-up of the strap's attachment point:

IMG_20201228_090958_Resized.jpg

And how the strap exits the quad with the gimbal cover in place:

IMG_20201228_091239_Resized.jpg

The strap is looped over the extended rear arm before the gimbal cover is snapped into place:

IMG_20201228_092140_Resized.jpg

The key here is that the strap is short enough that, in order to remove it from the extended arm in preparation for a flight, the gimbal cover has to come off. A longer strap would allow you to unloop it from the rear arm without removing the gimbal cover, but that would defeat the whole purpose of this exercise.

The rear arm can be folded normally with the strap over it, and doesn't take up any additional storage space. No need to drill anything, use hot glue or mess around with tape.

However, if you're in the habit of powering up your MA2 with the arms folded, then this method won't guarantee that you'll be reminded to remove the gimbal cover.

Reactions: A.O. and anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole