DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My old brain

Might be off topic, but Puritans Pride seems to have best deal now for GB.
( I googled Ginko Biloba shopping. Compared several suppliers. Puritans Pride had the best deal.)

Last edited:
Well they say if it moves and its not supposed to use duck tape, if it doesnt move and its supposed to use WD-40.. well I was out of duct tape hence the zip ties!! ? Nah.. they just happened to be there.
And that is a lot of orange.. also see below!
Interesting I actually have some Ginko Biloba in my cart at amazon, been thinking of ordering it with some other stuff. Been taking that Prevagen for four months.. doesn't seem to help much, did some more research and it led me to the Ginko Biloba.. we'll see how it goes.

How's this for ORANGE??

View attachment 119639
Perhaps it's fair to say that orange is your favorite color?

Try the Ginko. Just know that it will take a month or so before you know if it helps. I actually double up on the dose for the first week to get it into my system. It doesn't seem to be immediately noticeable but will start to work as it builds up in your system. So Prevagen didn't work eh?

Perhaps it's fair to say that orange is your favorite color?

Try the Ginko. Just know that it will take a month or so before you know if it helps. I actually double up on the dose for the first week to get it into my system. It doesn't seem to be immediately noticeable but will start to work as it builds up in your system. So Prevagen didn't work eh?
Yeah, I guess I like ORANGE

I would say Prevagen did not work.. YMMV

I hear ya on the memory thing. I've almost not taken the cover off a few times myself.

Whatcha doin with the zip ties and WD40? That's a lot of orange there! They say it's "the new pink" :). Actually I love the color of the case.

Edit: P.S... My memory has really been bad lately and for the last week or so I've been taking Gingo Biloba and I think it helps. The number of forgetful moments I've been experiencing lately have diminshed significantly. I'd taken the stuff before and thought it worked then and think it's working again now.

I would try your Biloba but I would probably forget to take it.....

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
No offense to the guy(s) that have them but virtually a gimmick item that isn't needed and has far more cons than pros. A hood like this is to stop lens flare...which DJI doesn't suffer from in almost all instances and a artistic lens flare is something many cinematographers want. It also is added weight and acts as a sail and restricts the aerodynamics of the drone in forward flight as well. IT only protects the gimbal in the advent of a forward in air crash, but same gimbal will be toast when the aircraft hits the ground anyway (From any substantial height) and provides no real support of the gimbal in so far as traveling or storage.. Personally I would avoid, but to each their own. ;)
I use a hood on my Mavic 2 Pro, and it makes a real difference for lens flare. I'm shooting mostly panoramas and so I don't want lens flare in the shot.

I was just about to put in my 2¢ worth about aging...... but I forgot what I was going to say! he he

Dronie bikers eh?
I'm a member of that club as well, I'll be packing the drone with me in the tour pak of my Ultra Classic next season. Going to ride to Alaska again if this pandemic thing ends and the borders open up.

Reactions: A.O.
Why not teach our brains to think again. Without silly ribbons on stuff. The problem is not so much age. As it is we just don’t have to think about anything anymore... we can drive almost anywhere in the world. Without a map. Because our gps will get us there. We don’t have to memorize phones numbers anymore. Because of contacts built in our cell phones..... so what I am trying to say is use it or lose it..... [emoji848]
I think I started off agreeing with you...but by the end of your comments could only process "use it or lose it" and applied that to putting the ribbon on!
Am I losing it? Would it help to wear a ribbon?
Ps thanks for the advice to put a ribbon on my GPS...haven't lost it since. LOL

I painted my Gimbal cover RED, I only use it for transport. It also has the camera lock on it, when I see that I remove both from the Gimbal.

For me I need something attached to the gimbal which 'dangles' below the drone or attaches to say one of the arms in the folded position making it impossible to unfold with the gimbal in place or making it unmissable ?

For me I need something attached to the gimbal which 'dangles' below the drone or attaches to say one of the arms in the folded position making it impossible to unfold with the gimbal in place or making it unmissable ?
I should do that before I damage the gimbal or it’s motor.

I'm 68 and have never launched with the gimbal cover on. I got close a couple of times but always caught it. Most people, either youngsters or more mature individuals, have done the same, I would respectfully suggest.

BTW, worrying about getting old is a sure fire way to accelerate the (so-called) aging process. Just quit worrying about it, get out and live like you always have. And don't take any s*** from whippersnappers, or old farts like me either for that matter.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I'm 68 and have never launched with the gimbal cover on. I got close a couple of times but always caught it. Most people, either youngsters or more mature individuals, have done the same, I would respectfully suggest.

BTW, worrying about getting old is a sure fire way to accelerate the (so-called) aging process. Just quit worrying about it, get out and live like you always have. And don't take any s*** from whippersnappers, or old farts like me either for that matter.
I totally agree with the point in your second paragraph, so much so that I may have been in denIal of aging (66 yr young next month). I wonder who the eff is looking back at me from the mirror!

i haven’t (yet) launched with cover on, but I have turned drone on before removing cover. That’s bed enough; I got “gimbal motor overheating” message the last time.

Reactions: rehkram
Old farts? I thought we were old geezers ;)
I am 75 and admit it although wouldn't mind being 68 again.
I remember catching one of the old historic trams (E-Ebararcadero) along the waterfront in San Francisco and a couple of 'old' dudes came on board and asked the driver "how much for 2 old geezers". I knew the term but had never actually heard anyone use it so laughed a lot.
Regarding mirrors. I like the look of some from the side but have yet to see one I liked from the front ?

Aging has become a pejorative term in this day and age. Whatever, it doesn't bother me and never will

Zoom forward 50 years and the 20-somethings of today will be confronted with the exact same challenges. That's life. It's just noise, and totally normal down through thousands of generations. Man, if I suddenly became 21 again I'd wish I were 68 again.

My advice to us older guys and gals would be this. Always respect yourselves, and don't apologize for your greater experience. And at the same time, don't put up with too much immature cr@p either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Aging has become a pejorative term in this day and age. Whatever, it doesn't bother me and never will

Zoom forward 50 years and the 20-somethings of today will be confronted with the exact same challenges. That's life. It's just noise, and totally normal down through thousands of generations. Man, if I suddenly became 21 again I'd wish I were 68 again.

My advice to us older guys and gals would be this. Always respect yourselves, and don't apologize for your greater experience. At the same time, don't put up with too much immature cr@p either.
Sure. We know that youth is wastead on the young!
(I didn’t appreciate my youth either, took it for granted.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun