DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My old brain

Good for you!
i also enjoy 2-wheel wind therapy. Started when young, picked it up again 20+ years ago. Been on bagger for last 17+ years. (Even better than droning, if I dare say so in this forum.)
I've only been on a bagger for 15 years, the wife bought me a Road King for my 50th, here's my current ride, Orange of course!

FLRTI.JPG

You’ve certainly got a beautiful bike!

I also had a RK, for 14 yrs. Traded it in for a RG. Love the shark nose ride!
Yes, the RK was a great starter bike, but the RG rocks!!

Oh, and thanks!

So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

View attachment 119402

So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

View attachment 119402
Good idea. When I was in the Royal Air Force working on guided missiles and near aircraft, we had to make sure giant orange ribbons were removed from parts that had to be clear or free before loading onto launchers, taking off etc. Missiles and Aircraft cant fly if you block up the air intakes or lock the flying surfaces?

Last edited:
Your already 65...you might not be here in 10 years...[emoji41]
Off topic but, I am 66. I've been pondering for months whether to upgrade from my mini to an M2 pro. Couldn't decide. I have perfect blood pressure without any medication, look after myself diet and excercise wise, don't drink alcohol (at least not anymore), etc and feel on top of the world everyday but, I thought "hey, your 66, you might not be here in 3 years". Bought my M2 pro as a Chrissy Present to me yesterday. Live in the moment.?

Off topic but, I am 66. I've been pondering for months whether to upgrade from my mini to an M2 pro. Couldn't decide. I have perfect blood pressure without any medication, look after myself diet and excercise wise, don't drink alcohol (at least not anymore), etc and feel on top of the world everyday but, I thought "hey, your 66, you might not be here in 3 years". Bought my M2 pro as a Chrissy Present to me yesterday. Live in the moment.?
WOOT WOOT!! Nice!

Off topic but, I am 66. I've been pondering for months whether to upgrade from my mini to an M2 pro. Couldn't decide. I have perfect blood pressure without any medication, look after myself diet and excercise wise, don't drink alcohol (at least not anymore), etc and feel on top of the world everyday but, I thought "hey, your 66, you might not be here in 3 years". Bought my M2 pro as a Chrissy Present to me yesterday. Live in the moment.[emoji23]

Good for you and I hope that you enjoy for the next 20+years. I meant no disrespect to anyone... more power to ya... I am not far behind you guys......

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Good for you and I hope that you enjoy for the next 20+years. I meant no disrespect to anyone... more power to ya... I am not far behind you guys......
No disrespect taken. It took me decades to learn how to enjoy life fully and treat it as not a certainty to stay with you. Enjoy your day.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lordy, the color of your drone is BRIGHT! Where did you get that? Is it a decal? Looks like you could fly it at night without a beacon, LOL.

Lordy, the color of your drone is BRIGHT! Where did you get that? Is it a decal? Looks like you could fly it at night without a beacon, LOL.
If you are talking to me and my orange drone, its a "skin" Its like a decal but a thicker vinyl covering. Got it from DecalGirl.com they have lots of different options.

I use a thin strip of blue Painters tape that I stick to the gimbal cover and I loop it a bit over the front of my drones (MA2 and MM) and stick it to the top of the drone....the nice thing is that there is no sticky residue on my drones or gimbal covers and I can easily see it and it is easy to remove. I don't have skins on either drone.

Reactions: fullbore
You have no business to comment about anyone’s age. I checked your profile and you skipped right over the AGE part. Soooo
I feel, and am, older than ever before (duh), but still feel good (on most days). Will be 66 yrs young next month.

I don’t even see my profile age field, nor know how to add that info. (Must show I’m a dinosaur.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan