DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My old brain

Where will I be?? Both my folks lived to their ninety's At 65 I'm still running chainsaws, my little sawmill, an 800+ pound motorcycle, yada yada yada.... I'm not going anywhere soon!
Good for you!
i also enjoy 2-wheel wind therapy. Started when young, picked it up again 20+ years ago. Been on bagger for last 17+ years. (Even better than droning, if I dare say so in this forum.)

Reactions: Flynz
I got a set of the bands that keep the legs in place when the drone is folded up. Since I have to flip the drone over to remove them, I got into the habit of removing the cover then.

On my Phantom, I used the "Remove before flying" keychain tags. Now the tag is on my backpack for work. A couple of years ago, I bought one I really liked from Ebags. Then a bunch of people I work with bought the same bag, So I tagged mine to tell it apart with the keychain to tell it apart when we were travelling.

Reactions: A.O.
Whats a pitot tube?
A common source of problems and air crashes...you don't want to block it or have it blocked (Wasps nests..freezing up ect.)

Attachments

• Pitot.jpg
    Pitot.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 17
  • pitot2.jpg
    pitot2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: A.O.
So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

View attachment 119402
I got a Hood/shade that I just leave on all the time. Pushing 70 here!https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082XXFBNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the many caveats of having 3rd party apps like Litchi, it starts record automatically on take off and then shuts it off when you land. That way you can't forget. Of course you can set it not to do that, but if you leave it on you'll have a lot of unusable footage, but no "missing" footage. :)

Nice ,hopefully they will come up with one for the MA2!
No offense to the guy(s) that have them but virtually a gimmick item that isn't needed and has far more cons than pros. A hood like this is to stop lens flare...which DJI doesn't suffer from in almost all instances and a artistic lens flare is something many cinematographers want. It also is added weight and acts as a sail and restricts the aerodynamics of the drone in forward flight as well. IT only protects the gimbal in the advent of a forward in air crash, but same gimbal will be toast when the aircraft hits the ground anyway (From any substantial height) and provides no real support of the gimbal in so far as traveling or storage.. Personally I would avoid, but to each their own. ;)

So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

View attachment 119402
I'm almost as bad as you as every so often I leave the cover on and take off. Just two days ago I did this in the mountains where I was going to fly. I have a bright red velcro strap over the cover but what usually happens is that someone speaks to me when removing the velcro. I then forget to remove the cover and take off with it on. Fortunately no damage has been done to the gimbal so far. If you come up with a really fool proof system let me know! Perhaps I should attach the velcro directly to the cover itself instead of around the body of the drone!?

I'm almost as bad as you as every so often I leave the cover on and take off. Just two days ago I did this in the mountains where I was going to fly. I have a bright red velcro strap over the cover but what usually happens is that someone speaks to me when removing the velcro. I then forget to remove the cover and take off with it on. Fortunately no damage has been done to the gimbal so far. If you come up with a really fool proof system let me know! Perhaps I should attach the velcro directly to the cover itself instead of around the body of the drone!?
I'm thinking this ribbon will work fine, As I pull it out of the case it will be dangling there and very noticeable... we will see I guess. Haven't flown it since its installation due to weather, but I will.
Only other thing I was thinking of if it doesn't work is secure the other end of the ribbon in the case, then it would give me a tug...

Reactions: OldGuy
I have my reminder flag on the cover between 2 pieces of velcro.

Well I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem!! :D ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre