DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My other hobby; RC cars

Former Member

Reactions
Sometimes, when I just get drone repair burnout, I charge up my RC cars and go have some fun. This is one of my fleet, it's an Associated Electronics TC7. It's all electric, and takes a 2S, 6500mah battery. This is a kit, so every single screw, nut, and solder has to be done by the owner. They are higher maintenance than drones, dont take pictures, and dont have return to home, but a Mavic cant do a slalom like this can. If I crash this car full speed into the wall, it takes me around 1 hour repair time, and $20 in parts. If I crash a Mavic at that speed, it would take me an hour just to find all the parts scattered around.

This kit with radio comes out to around $1200, as much as an M2Z. You can get an RTR one for $300 or less from Hobbytown USA, but I like to race.

I feel the need, the need for speed...

TC7.jpg

It's a 1/10 scale and the scale speed is around 110mph. It has great brakes! (reverse polarity on the motors)

I think I saw some cars in your Man Cave picture...
My nitro cars have gone but I still have two lipo cars. Mini Cooper and a formula one
I have a 007 James Bond Aston martin DB5 that's never been out of the box (may be worth more than I paid one day)

It's probably worth more already.

I had one of those when I was a kid. Played with it so much the wheels fell off.
I had a dicast and it got well battered, they are worth a mint now. like a lot of toys that are worth good money if they never got played with. I think the playing with them is worth more.

I had a dicast and it got well battered, they are worth a mint now. like a lot of toys that are worth good money if they never got played with. I think the playing with them is worth more.
I think so too.

Are you or Cooper and F1 RC?

They used to have racing classes for both of them at my nearby track which closed.

I think so too.

Are you or Cooper and F1 RC?

They used to have racing classes for both of them at my nearby track which closed.
I race neither now, just for fun in the summer.
grandson and come to were I work at weekends and race them around our yard and private road.
he's 9 years old and better than me now.

Reactions: Former Member
I also have a RC car but mine is not a custom build . I don’t have time for that .
I have a 1/10 scale E-revo brushless . I use a pair of lipo 7500mah batteries in it . It is fun but is hard on axles

I was into r/c rock crawlers for a while (before I was into racing quads, but after I was into planes). Mine was based on an Axial SCX10 Honcho, but with bigger tires, different drivetrain, motor, suspension, and battery.
It was pretty fun and would climb just about anything! I miss all my old toys:confused:...

I also have a RC car but mine is not a custom build . I don’t have time for that .
I have a 1/10 scale E-revo brushless . I use a pair of lipo 7500mah batteries in it . It is fun but is hard on axles

E-Revo is a great RTR truck. Traxxas products are built really solid for RTR. I got rid of all my TMaxx's Emaxx's and Revos. Now all I have left is a 1/8 Summit custom wrecker that I built from scratch.

10 channels, 3 ESC's, 3 batteries, 7 servos, robotic winch. Arm rotates, can lift up to 13 pounds, and has extendable outriggers for more stability when lifting.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg11.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
I was into r/c rock crawlers for a while (before I was into racing quads, but after I was into planes). Mine was based on an Axial SCX10 Honcho, but with bigger tires, different drivetrain, motor, suspension, and battery.
It was pretty fun and would climb just about anything! I miss all my old toys:confused:...

I think rock climbers are some of the most fun RC vehicles. Spending 20 minutes to climb a 5 foot rock pile is very relaxing.

My other RC hobby is boats. Unfortunately, boats can get expensive fast and can take a lot of tweaking to make them run right. I don't think I have touched by old RC trucks in years now.

ktm boat sm.jpgP1020218sm.JPG

Nice boats! How are they powered?

I like gas boats with modded engines. I have had a few nitro and electric smaller ones, but nothing like the power of gas.

Those are electric. Set up for P-limited class (motor is from a list of approved motors for the class). The Hydro is around a 60 MPH boat. The hull could be set up for gas. I thought of changing it over to P-Sport which would up the power a lot. The BJ is in the mid 40s. I don't have any gas anymore. I find electrics to be less of a hassle when I want to go run.

That is the San Diego Model Yacht Pond. I have to drive about 40 miles or so to get there. It is a nice place to run but you need to take extra care as the pond is saltwater.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3