DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My S10+ is just not bright enough - options?

DieselE

Reactions
Newbie here! Finding my S10+ a bit small and dark to see the small print data in daylight so I don't mind dropping a few £$£ on a bigger screen - a tablet or something. But does anyone know if there is a super bright one out there? Thanks

consider a sun shade ....

Reactions: Kamau54
How about the S20 or one of these?
I don't know why that list still says that the

Samsung
Galaxy Tab A 8
Models: SM-T290
is not compatible with either Go4 or Fly. I have used it with both. I turn the screen to max brightness and if in direct sunshine use a shade. I also use an OTG and power bank to keep a full charge.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Newbie here! Finding my S10+ a bit small and dark to see the small print data in daylight so I don't mind dropping a few £$£ on a bigger screen - a tablet or something. But does anyone know if there is a super bright one out there? Thanks
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e it has an OLED display very bright in the open.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e it has an OLED display very bright in the open.
Thanks everyone. Just bought the Samsung S5e - £50 trade in for my ancient one and 15% off direct with Samsung. £279.

Now this will be too big for the Mavic 2 clamps? Do I need to get something else to hold it? And any recommended hood?

Thanks for baby sitting and spoon feeding as I'm deep in the PfCO UK commercial flying exams. Its like I have a full size 'Copter!!

I use this. It is awesome.
Ask the guys which tablet holder to use with the S5E; they have the clamp for practically all tabs .

Reactions: tmtwomey
if you wear glasses have at least one pair that doesn't darken in sunlight. It's easy to not think about it. But I got a pair from an online glasses provider without the darkening just for drone flying and it with a sunshade really helps.

When you are looking up at the sky, your pupils will close down, making it harder to see the screen, when you look back down. You can easily make some clip on shades which will allow you to see both clearly. Just cut out the area where your eyes look through when looking down at things close up. It also helps to wear a wide brim hat to block light from the screen.

Attachments

• bob2.jpg
    bob2.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 8
Great tips guys and much appreciated.

I do find it hard to see the drone without sunglasses with my baby blues and then my irises have stopped right down and I then cant see the screen! Cutting down some clip on shades might help as I use varifocals glasses already and only look through the bottom of them for screens. I never wear a baseball hat either so will start!

Thanks again

I don't know why that list still says that the
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 2019
Models: SM-T290
is not compatible with either Go4 or Fly. I have used it with both.
It doesn't state that. It only states DJI does not support it (which is still true).

if you wear glasses have at least one pair that doesn't darken in sunlight. It's easy to not think about it. But I got a pair from an online glasses provider without the darkening just for drone flying and it with a sunshade really helps.
Yeah, for the first time in my life I bought the "transition" glasses. Hard to see the display after they darken in the sun, and then if you go back inside to read something good luck!

Did you try sliding down on the screen and at the bottom is then a slide bar to adjust the lighting?

Good practical advice, otherwise if he's won the lottery consider an Epson Moverio BT-300 or BT 35e HUD glasses. I did & never looked back!

Those aren't much more than the 10.1" tablet. I'm long sighted - can tbey accommodate that? Have had a look online but if they can accommodate HDMI or hdsdi in too from my FS7 thst could be a winner. The tablet solution looks quite ungainly! Tell me more! And thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu