DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My sad story - dealing with DJI

Glad you got your Mavic back Caser41. It was very nice that Thunderdrones worked with you to get your Mavic back.

Reactions: Caser41
Although dji makes a good drone it may as I have read depends on if that drone was rushe into distribution. Also, the support system is usually pretty poor especially if you don't have insurance .

For my 75 Birthday due to my interest in drones, my wife bought me a mavic pro. However I had to send it back to DJI for repair/replacement after an accident. All went well at this point, DJI sent me shipping labels,etc. I packed up the drone and sent it back. Soon to receive an email that it was being returned. I received a tracking number. After a few days I checked the tracking number and found that it was being shipped to Dover, TN. I am in Red Deer, Canada. I called/texted DJI and let them know. They said they would get back to me in 24hrs. Never did. Soon the tracking # showed that it had been delivered and signed for in Dover, TN. I again contacted DJI. They said they would get back to me within 3 to 5 days. Never did. I again contacted DJI who told me it was being elevated for investigation.. They would get back to me in 24 hours. Couple more times, same results. On Friday past 26th May. I contacted them about getting my money back etc. They said they would get back to me Monday. Here it is Tuesday, nothing. Oh yes in conversation with one of the 4 or 5 agents, he told me that I would be getting a new tracking #, that didn't happen... So here I sit.. No Mavic, No money.. a lost interest in Drones... I don't know where to go next...

Thank you for your comment. I am getting so tired of calling and spending 10 mins or more repeating the story over and over...
That's better than over an hour I spend when I speak with them. The customer service is not close to being stellar and after you repeat yourself several times the only info they want to give is wait 24-48 hours on an email. I can't tell you how many times and time spent trying to get a supervisor and you leave a message to never receive a call back. DJI customer service sucks! But then again they can only give information they are allowed to give so maybe just DJI's fault not the customer service agents. I dread ever time I have to send my Mavic back. And manufacture warranty Pfffft!! Hope you bought DJI care! Good luck and I wish you the best. It truely a great drone it just everything else in the company is bad unless you are purchasing something from them!!

Reactions: Former Member
That's why I started Thunderdrones.
And this is exactly why I will be doing business with you. I have been on the fence for quite a while simply due to DJI's seemingly complete and utter lack of ability to understand the concept of customer support and service.
I'm not sure who is in charge of such at DJI, but if they got this part of the business model up to speed with their R&D, I'd find ways to invest in the company. This technology is not going anywhere but up and big.
Thanks for your efforts Thunderdrones...from a soon to be customer/client.

O, maybe DJI's service isn;t good but Thunderdrone is the man. I have no dog in this fight but if (let's be serious, when) I need repair or parts for my drone that business is coming your way. Sounds like you could/should establish more of an online presence if possible since this is the way businesses are built.

Reactions: Caser41
I assume your wife bought the Drone with a credit card call the credit card company and dispute the charge you have six months they will ask you what happened and it sounds like you have a pretty good case I had to do it with DJI care. It would be even better if you bought it from Amazon they are really good about taking care of this stuff

My girlfriend is in Canada, I cannot buy from US Amazon they do not ship to Canada. I can buy from Amazon Canada. Unfortunately they have little on that site and what they have is way overpriced. But they will ship to Canada LOL

Comcast
many Department of motor vehicles
Dreamqii customer service (plexidrone)
Any US federal government agency

just a few.

Comcast tech department are saints compared to DJI. And at least you can go into a Comcast service center and return your equipment. And you can always get someone on the phone within 3 or 4 minutes.

DMV where I live takes all of 5 minutes to get anything done.

US federal govt you can always go higher up the ladder and get an answer. DJI has no ladder. You're always stuck on the bottom rung.

Oh Amex also has amazing purchase protections I think up to 5 years

A quick google search or actually being an AMEX card holder would easily allow you to realize this is in no way correct.

https://www.americanexpress.com/con...eatures-benefits/policies/pdf/PP_DOC_CCSG.pdf

"Purchase Protection provides coverage for Your purchases for ninety (90) days from the date of purchase when You charge any portion of the price of the purchased item to Your Account. You will be reimbursed only for the amount charged to Your Account."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt