DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My SC setup is finally complete

Cloudnine

Reactions
For those that are interested; after a couple of months researching i've finally pieced my controller setup, some pics below:

contents:
-- DJI Smart Controller
-- FeelWorld 7" 4k (3840x2460) 2200nits field monitor
-- LiftThor SC mount
-- SunnyLife silicone SC skin both with and without the hood (i have the hood on)

total: $921us (if you bundle the SC with an M2 subtract $200)

i'm an avid console gamer and i use silicone skins on my controllers so i searched for one for the DJI controllers, specifically the SC, and was only able to find them at a supplier in China, took a bit to get here but was well worth it, fits snugly, quality soft, pliable, silicone and a little protection against bumps and scratches plus the wear and tear of sweat, etc.. the one with the silicone hood formed in surprised me how good it looks and functional. Note the mount needs to be removed if you want to swap out the skin.

only negative is the HDMI ports for the SC and monitor are on opposite sides, it's kinking more than i like so i'll look for an inch longer, some may be OK with it as is (the HDMI cable comes with the LiftThor mount setup).

i leave the mount on permanently and if i'm just running out to do a quick flight i don't mount the monitor or if i want the total experience the monitor goes on in 2 minutes. i can fuel both the monitor and SC with power via a 2 USB Anker power supply otherwise they both will last 2ish hours on a single charge.

PS - huge shout out to the Thors DroneWorld - highly professional, quick delivery and quality product right down to the packaging, i was extremely impressed and will do more business with them as i have needs.

Attachments

• Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    555.6 KB · Views: 347
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 366
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 361
Interesting! This seems to be an affordable alternative to the CrystalSky UltraBright.

How is the brightness in direct sunlight compared to the SC screen? Just wondering if it's really 2200 nits.

Reactions: RogerMav
Interesting! This seems to be an affordable alternative to the CrystalSky UltraBright.

How is the brightness in direct sunlight compared to the SC screen? Just wondering if it's really 2200 nits.

the monitor is extremely bright, what you see in the pictures is out of the box settings and it's noticeably brighter than the SC itself, it also has a higher resolution. whilst the SC doesn't broadcast in true 4k you'll still get the advantage of upscaling. I've not field tested it yet, was hoping to this last weekend but the "honey Do's" got in the way but this weekend for sure.

i didn't order a shroud for the monitor as i assume it's going to be bright enough in the brightest of days; i am looking for a matte screen protector to reduce the glare, once i have that and tested i'll let you know.

lastly what i didn't post originally, the whole setup is ~4-5lbs so you may prefer a lanyard setup (D rings m4 10mm screws on the SC mount) or the mount will connect to a tripod. In my case I have a tripod with a quick-release in the event i need to move from my original position, it's a spring loaded clip to detach and attach.

Reactions: ff22
the monitor is extremely bright, what you see in the pictures is out of the box settings and it's noticeably brighter than the SC itself, it also has a higher resolution. whilst the SC doesn't broadcast in true 4k you'll still get the advantage of upscaling. I've not field tested it yet, was hoping to this last weekend but the "honey Do's" got in the way but this weekend for sure.

Cool. Seems to be a nice upgrade to the SC when don't mind the extra weight.

The screen itself is not 4K though. It is FullHD (1920x1080). It's just that it accepts 4K input.

I was interested in that monitor. How do you find it?

Yep, I know how to physically “find it”. thanks anyway. I meant how do you find it in action. What do you think of it.

can anyone tell me if I can use this monitor as a display and duplicate my phones display to it using chromecast? This seems like a great alternative to the CS

For those that are interested; after a couple of months researching i've finally pieced my controller setup, some pics below:

contents:
-- DJI Smart Controller
-- FeelWorld 7" 4k (3840x2460) 2200nits field monitor
-- LiftThor SC mount
-- SunnyLife silicone SC skin both with and without the hood (i have the hood on)

total: $921us (if you bundle the SC with an M2 subtract $200)

i'm an avid console gamer and i use silicone skins on my controllers so i searched for one for the DJI controllers, specifically the SC, and was only able to find them at a supplier in China, took a bit to get here but was well worth it, fits snugly, quality soft, pliable, silicone and a little protection against bumps and scratches plus the wear and tear of sweat, etc.. the one with the silicone hood formed in surprised me how good it looks and functional. Note the mount needs to be removed if you want to swap out the skin.

only negative is the HDMI ports for the SC and monitor are on opposite sides, it's kinking more than i like so i'll look for an inch longer, some may be OK with it as is (the HDMI cable comes with the LiftThor mount setup).

i leave the mount on permanently and if i'm just running out to do a quick flight i don't mount the monitor or if i want the total experience the monitor goes on in 2 minutes. i can fuel both the monitor and SC with power via a 2 USB Anker power supply otherwise they both will last 2ish hours on a single charge.

PS - huge shout out to the Thors DroneWorld - highly professional, quick delivery and quality product right down to the packaging, i was extremely impressed and will do more business with them as i have needs.

I have been very interested in this setup as that monitor can be used to connect a camera and that seems to me to be the winning combo.

Can you tell me if the FeelWorld powers the SC or the Camera and can it be used to charge the equipment ?

Im just trying find some added benefits for this setup. Thanks

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal

can anyone tell me if I can use this monitor as a display and duplicate my phones display to it using chromecast? This seems like a great alternative to the CS

Anyone know if I can do this. It's still a lot of money to spend... so I want to know if I can do this before pulling the trigger.

The screen has hdmi in. So I would think that if the chrome cast has hdmi out, and it mirrors your android device, then it should work fine. I’m not sure what the latency on this would be though. I think I read somewhere that it wasn’t great

Anyone know if I can do this. It's still a lot of money to spend... so I want to know if I can do this before pulling the trigger.

One of the issues with this is that they make a lot of different models of this 7 inch monitor and each one is slightly different in what it offers. T7 / MA7 FW series . Bright/ Ultra Bright/ Plastic / Alum be careful but very little information on these.

LifThor SC Pro / FeelWorld FW279 7" COMBO $340 shipped to The Peoples Republic of California.
Just the monitor is $259 at Amazon.
Currently back-ordered, but "ALL PRE-ORDERS OF THIS COMBO WILL GET A FREE BATTERY/CHARGER FOR THE MONITOR"

heres my set up, also i use the Feelworld quick release adapter that i purchased on Amazon along with the flat wired hdmi plug
b0e08a1229cf0f9ba8ebcc064fad3f17.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost