DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My shot of a rather famous bridge...

Here's your answer.....

The government seems to lock down most of the best places where drone vid/photo would be applicable and most amazing.

If they are so worried about a drone attack on the GGB, then why not set up a registration process for those want to use a drone for photography/video and then provide a small, manned launch area for those that get approval. They can even check you drone and make sure it is legit before you launch. Then you are allowed 1 or 2 batteries worth of fly time around the bridge. (And the libs should love this idea, because it will make a few more people government workers.)

If not, those who try to set distance records are operating illegally.

That was FAA’s reaction to those people. The FAA is saying it is not allowed. Do you see anywhere in Part 107 that allows this? The uas operator has to maintain VLOS.

@Hauptmann I was looking forward to trying this, but so far it appears that this is not legal after all?

@Hauptmann I was looking forward to trying this, but so far it appears that this is not legal after all?

Staging observers along a flight path to maintain VLOS is not permitted under Part 107 or recreational rules.

The VLOS requirement is waiverable under Part 107 but only via an SGI request, and the FAA installs a TFR to protect the operation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.