DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My sob story

j.coffield

Reactions
Flying last week and as usual I set up on the tailgate of my truck then move away to take off. When I was done I wanted to check out another area so I just put the mavic 2 pro and controller on tbe frone seat and drove away. At the next location I realzed I left my bag, spare batterys etc on the tailgate. I rushed back to the other location and it was gone. Basically lost my fly more kit. Case, 2 batterys, gimbal clamp and about 6 nice SD cards. It hurt. Especially the cards. I have since bought another fly more kit and gimbal clamp. My name and address (but not phone number) was in the bag on a copy of my part 107 license. I'm pretty sure someone came by and found it. Hard lesson to learn.

Man I feel for you,I fly from my truck and will leave my whole case in the back sometimes if not going far. Heard something the other day and truck is a 1990 and the blasted catch didn't do right and the tailgate had fell down. That could have been like you .
Like you said it will open your eyes and hate you lost your stuff .

Reactions: Former Member
Where are you located?

You might want to keep an eye out on eBay for someone selling your stuff in your area. If you see it, it's yours and are entitled to get it back. If we see anyone selling stuff they "found." we will flag it as long as you provide your loacation.

Reactions: Zeke
Sorry to hear that brother, I can't imagine!

I know it's too late now (or maybe not, depending on where you were driving) but I wonder if the stuff didn't stay on the tailgate until you got down the road a bit and made a turn or accelerated onto a highway. If it rolled off when you turned, some or all of it might be laying on the roadside or in the weeds at that location. I mean, we've all seen someone driving down the road with a cup of coffee or something on their roof... stays put until a change in speed or direction.

Just a thought...

Reactions: Brewbud
Where are you located?

You might want to keep an eye out on eBay for someone selling your stuff in your area. If you see it, it's yours and are entitled to get it back. If we see anyone selling stuff they "found." we will flag it as long as you provide your loacation.

Sorry about this. Good lesson to mark everything.

Where are you located?

I retraced my route twice and checked the side of the road carefully. I waited a couple days before I got another flymore kit hoping I might get a call and checked area craigslist groups etc. I'm in central ca. It was lost on Sherman Island, I was filming the 3 mile slough bridge between Sherman Island and Brannan Island state rec area, nearest town would be Rio Vista or Antioch.

You said you waited for a call, gave it a few days, but you also said you didn't have your phone number on anything. How were they to call?

Once I lost a CD case with software CDs on my roof or trunk lid. It had my business cards with the install keys written on the back, facing out. A year later I get a call at work. Someone found the case but didn't know how to get in touch with me until eventually he flipped over one of the cards. There are honest people out there.

At least you didn't back over your M2 like I did and it was in your truck.

My wife did this with her wallet...I went back 3 weeks later and found her cards on the side of the highway. How far did you drive before you realized it?

Make sure you contact the local police station - someone might have taken it there as lost property. It’s what I’d do, especially if you didn’t leave a phone number.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito