DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Theory- DJI is using the Platinum Esc board for recent Mavic Pros

I've gone through several Mavics lately due to some poor piloting on my part. One thing I noticed is a pretty drastic difference in efficiency between the different Mavics. My original Mavic was good for around 20 minutes tops and 24 - 25K feet flying in P mode (31mph) prior to modding it. I purchased a newer one a while back, first flight logged in July. That Mavic was good for 23 minutes and close to 30,000 ft with the new Platinum props. I crashed this Mavic on concrete completely destroying all boards. I found a used one with only 6 flight logged, older one like my original. Using the same battery, new platinum props, I'm seeing very similar performance to my older modded Mavic with around 20-21 minutes tops. This 2-3 minute difference is quite a lot.

I started thinking about DJI. If you have new ESC chips that will work on the older product, why bother making 2 versions. If they are similar price, it's actually cheaper to simply use the new ESCs in the Mavic Pro as well. The new ESC chips will meet or exceed the specs of the original so why bother having 2 fabrication lines.

I need to get a magnifying glass out and check the ESC chips for any labeling. It will be interesting to see the ESC board of the platinum as well once someone cracks it open. If my theory is correct, you can simply get a newer Mavic Pro air craft only and slap Platinum props on it. You'll have yourself a Mavic that performs the same as the new Platinum.

Hi, have you checked that crashed FC-ESC board (if those pieces allowed...) on older one are 4 chips around esc blocks, on platinum there are only 2 of them - so probably 2 channels per package...
Btw Im looking now for spare platinum FC board and its not very easy task (in comparision the old one has realy winey sound...and probably its less efficient).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom