DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My videos look choppy in premiere , is it me or my drone?

droneinspring

Reactions
Hi guys, first time drone pilot and second time premiere user.

My computer has 2GB RAM
Ive subscribed to premiere
My video was shot in Dlog, HVEC (mp4), and some 4K some not 4K.

When I playback a video in premiere even if it's a 30 second video it's very choppy. I've lowered my play ack resolution to it's max, and played with the memory cache settings but it's not helping.

I also asked my friend who is a Videographer to import it into his own premier on his MacBook and he says it's choppy for him as well.

When I play the mp4 file in VLC , the video is smooth.

What's going on?

He also said I should be able to just edit my videos in the DJI GO app in Editor, but when I have my drone on and go into the SD folder in the app, I don't see the option to take then into Editor. When I go to Editor directly, most recent videos and photos are not there (but they are in my SD) - which leads me to this you can only use Editor for the cached videos/photos.

2GB RAM is EXTREMELY low for just about anything nowadays, let alone Premiere which will easily fill up 16+GB on my machine just when importing footage.
Rest of the PC specs would matter as well, if it's only got 2GB then the rest is likely way from being up to spec for 10bit H265 which basically requires the latest and greatest.

GO4 can import full size footage from the aircraft but only if shot at 1080p30 or smaller, believe but not sure it also has to be h264.

2GB RAM is EXTREMELY low for just about anything nowadays, let alone Premiere which will easily fill up 16+GB on my machine just when importing footage.
Rest of the PC specs would matter as well, if it's only got 2GB then the rest is likely way from being up to spec for 10bit H265 which basically requires the latest and greatest.

GO4 can import full size footage from the aircraft but only if shot at 1080p30 or smaller, believe but not sure it also has to be h264.

Right on. Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_