DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Myanmar best of drone shots 2020

Stunning untouched country side. I couldnt get over how beautiful this country is. Visited for a work trip a while ago, but would love to return for some sight seeing.

My wife Carol and I visited the beautiful country of Myanmar November, 2o19. Unfortunately, no drones at that time. It was a beautiful country, whose reputation has been besmirched by their human rights records. Here are three images I was able to find- one of Inle Lake (featured in your film), and several from Mandalay (Ubein'Bridge)

Dale

Miami
View attachment 119342View attachment 119343View attachment 119344s Bridge)

Dale
Miami

Some beautiful shots, but would have used dissolves instead of those page flip.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I use dissolves regularly in my videos but like to change from time to time for a bit of variety

My wife Carol and I visited the beautiful country of Myanmar November, 2o19. Unfortunately, no drones at that time. It was a beautiful country, whose reputation has been besmirched by their human rights records. Here are three images I was able to find- one of Inle Lake (featured in your film), and several from Mandalay (Ubein'Bridge)

Dale

Miami
View attachment 119342View attachment 119343View attachment 119344s Bridge)

Dale
Miami
I agree, Myanmar is a wonderful country. Unfortunately the focus has been on the human rights topic in the last few years, most of it being completely out of control of the civil administration.
Inle is definitely my favorite place. Traveling with a drone is difficult here, I carry it only when I travel by car, I never take it on domestic flight

Stunning untouched country side. I couldnt get over how beautiful this country is. Visited for a work trip a while ago, but would love to return for some sight seeing.
I agree, this country is still untouched in many areas and I enjoy exploring it. I hope you can come back for sightseeing

Very good vid.

Two areas that I would look at though are:
#1. Your colours appear a little washed out. Did you film in DCinelike and colour grade in post?
#2. Your page flip transitions are overused and do look amateur. This has been mentioned before, so I won’t harp on about it.

Very good vid.

Two areas that I would look at though are:
#1. Your colours appear a little washed out. Did you film in DCinelike and colour grade in post?
#2. Your page flip transitions are overused and do look amateur. This has been mentioned before, so I won’t harp on about it.
1. Do you mean Dlog mode? No, because the laptop I use in Myanmar cannot handle H265, then I film in H264 in default mode ("none" in Mavic 2 pro menu) and I do some colour grading in post. It would certainly be better to use H265/Dlog but I'll have to wait a little more when I go for a new laptop.
2. Fair enough
Thank you very much for watching and for your comments and suggestions

1. Do you mean Dlog mode? No, because the laptop I use in Myanmar cannot handle H265, then I film in H264 in default mode ("none" in Mavic 2 pro menu) and I do some colour grading in post. It would certainly be better to use H265/Dlog but I'll have to wait a little more when I go for a new laptop.
Yes sorry, I meant Dlog mode. It’s understandable that you’re not using it if you have an old laptop.

Another way to improve your colours is to change the time of day, when filming (if possible). Filming in Golden Hour will generally give you much richer colours, than filming in the middle of the day.

Nice to see that beautiful country again. I visited in 1985 and I remember the incredibly friendly people. Unfortuantely I was allowed to stay there for a week only, but I did see Rangoon, Mandalay, Maymyo and of course the Mingun bell :)

Nice to see that beautiful country again. I visited in 1985 and I remember the incredibly friendly people. Unfortuantely I was allowed to stay there for a week only, but I did see Rangoon, Mandalay, Maymyo and of course the Mingun bell :)
Wow, 1985 was a long time ago! My first trip here was in 1998 and it's been already a big change since then. But what has probably not changed is the incredible kindness and friendliness of the people. I suppose a lot of travelers have met very friendly people in many other countries, but still you can tell the difference when you meet Myanmar people. That's why I have been living here for the last five years.
That's was a nice trip you made back then. I plan to include Mandalay and surrounding area in a future video.

Yes sorry, I meant Dlog mode. It’s understandable that you’re not using it if you have an old laptop.

Another way to improve your colours is to change the time of day, when filming (if possible). Filming in Golden Hour will generally give you much richer colours, than filming in the middle of the day.
Yes you're right, time of the day is key to beautiful sunlight and images. But sometimes you cannot wait for golden hour...Driving in Myanmar outside Yangon is dangerous and tiring, even more at night. When I drive from Yangon to Inle lake, it's a 10 to 12 hour trip, half of it on narrow mountain roads. Then I want to avoid driving after dark (all vehicles driving in full beam, motorcycles driving without any light, trucks broken down in the middle of the road, sometimes in a curve without any signaling...). Then I stop and fly on the spot wherever looks nice. For key places I have in mind I try to be there at an estimated time where light should be reasonable :). When I have more time I try to fly early morning or late afternoon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos