DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Nothing will boost the Mavic Pro done output power unless you add an additional amplifier at the Mavic (assuming you leave the MP antennas unchanged). The only way to get a better return signal is using a more directional antenna and/or receive amplification. Its basic physics

Well, that would be true, except if you read the detail of the FCC hack, it states that the controller updates Mavic side radio settings as well. The controller tells mavic to change radio settings based on DJI config file in DJI Go app. I'm not saying I've verified, just what it says on the site. Obviously boosting with an amp on Mavic side would be the best result as BubbaBean is already doing with a 4w booster stripped down to 10 grams.

Look at the 4Hawks XR antenna transmit and receive pattern it is directional and will receive more of the PM signal coming back consequently extending your range. Nothing special basic physics, nothing has changed at the drone end.

antena-4hawks-perf.jpg

Sure, it doesn't matter if you add an amplifier directly or somehow (and as you say totally unverified) increase the power output of the MP which is highly concerning because of heat issues in the drone and burning out the MP drone internal amplifier.

Hey guys,...... take a look at Titandrones.com for your Antennas- that may help,.... [emoji106]. Happy, safe flying...... gvg3

Nothing will boost the Mavic Pro done output power unless you add an additional amplifier at the Mavic (assuming you leave the MP antennas unchanged). The only way to get a better return signal is using a more directional antenna and/or receive amplification. Its basic physics
@beanbubba has verified that dji go boost mode does in fact boost the mavic side as well. So your "basic physics" argument is not holding up so well.

@beanbubba has verified that dji go boost mode does in fact boost the mavic side as well. So your "basic physics" argument is not holding up so well.
Sorry but that is "ruminant excrements" it is either antenna and?or amplification
....LOL , I don't know what "@beanbubba" has proven, haven't seen anything from "@beanbubba" that shows that. why don't you post the "beanbubba" tests? Unless it shows increase RF output at the drone (measured!) nothing has been proven! If there is increased RF output then its done via "amplification" which is again basic physics...LOL.

Sorry but that is "ruminant excrements" it is either antenna and?or amplification

....LOL , I don't know what "@beanbubba" has proven, haven't seen anything from "@beanbubba" that shows that. why don't you post the "beanbubba" tests? Unless it shows increase RF output at the drone (measured!) nothing has been proven! If there is increased RF output then its done via "amplification" which is again basic physics...LOL.
Obviously amps on controller only has increased range, I mean look at the board!!

Hey there UBCNME,

Odd question but related to the toggle switch you tweaked for power. Any idea where I can find for purchase the USB Y adapter to the DC 2.5" mm power cable? I smashed the USB end & will not plug into the battery. Any ideas help, thanks ahead of time. -R-View attachment 33542

Get some solder and a shrink tube and an old USB cord you don't need, splice the USB end of another cord right onto that cord. Easy peesee! Even if you've never done it before, I see a computer there in your picture and some handtools, I'm confident you can handle it, it'll be good experience for you[emoji41]

Interesting point! Do you know if it is a data connection over USB, or the HDMI that is connected? Some models actually have HDMI out off the controller.
my mavic air setup I use a 12v powerbank

Attachments

• 20180410_215133.jpg
    20180410_215133.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 62
You should post some range tests in the Mavic Air leaderboard. I’m working on my air with a battery mod as well.

There is a separate Mavic air leaderboard, independent from the Mavic pro leaderboard?

Reactions: cwil193
Newbie :Sorry if someone already asked about these but, Have anyone tried these with the Pro ? and what do you think please ? Cool Making 16DBi 2.4G 5.8G signal booster high gain ? Thank

Attachments

• 16DBi 2.4G5.8G 000coolMkg.jpeg
    16DBi 2.4G5.8G 000coolMkg.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 55
Hello guys. After reading all the 400 posts on this thread the past 3 days I’m yet not decided about getting a evolite kit from maxx.
Im from Brazil and live in the third biggest city of the country. Thats almost like NY with a lot of buildings, wifi and radio towers.
Here is CE and I’m capable to achieve between 2,5 - 3,3 km distance at 350 meters height from my deck. Getting strong interference warnings all the time.
I could see in the latest posts you touching the subject of FCC Mode and Boost mode. I’ve tried this modes on the past few days but couldn’t conclude if it really works here. Using the 1.5w boost mode I “felt” that got less warnings but, in the end, lost signal at almost the same distance as default.

@CyberNate as i think i got more or less only 300 plus meters using the 1.5w boost. Its equal to 10% increase of default range. Do you think it’s working here or just a scam ?
I’m using the automatic Patch App from retro roms. Do you use it or you patched manually with the config files ?

I’m worried about spending 200 bucks getting the evolite and dont get even 50% increase of range. In this case it wouldn’t worth.

Thank you. Sorry for the long boring text and the bad english.

Hello guys. After reading all the 400 posts on this thread the past 3 days I’m yet not decided about getting a evolite kit from maxx.
Im from Brazil and live in the third biggest city of the country. Thats almost like NY with a lot of buildings, wifi and radio towers.
Here is CE and I’m capable to achieve between 2,5 - 3,3 km distance at 350 meters height from my deck. Getting strong interference warnings all the time.
I could see in the latest posts you touching the subject of FCC Mode and Boost mode. I’ve tried this modes on the past few days but couldn’t conclude if it really works here. Using the 1.5w boost mode I “felt” that got less warnings but, in the end, lost signal at almost the same distance as default.

@CyberNate as i think i got more or less only 300 plus meters using the 1.5w boost. Its equal to 10% increase of default range. Do you think it’s working here or just a scam ?
I’m using the automatic Patch App from retro roms. Do you use it or you patched manually with the config files ?

I’m worried about spending 200 bucks getting the evolite and dont get even 50% increase of range. In this case it wouldn’t worth.

Thank you. Sorry for the long boring text and the bad english.

Sounds like you should DIY if you need to save some cash.

You can get this for under $100 and it will perform well:

https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Repeater-Broadband-Amplifiers-Wireless/dp/B01B94U438
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-WiFi-P2415T-Antenna-Tripod/dp/B018E1HBGW/

Thank you for your help @beanbubba

Money saving is not the big deal here. I actually found a nice deal of an used Evolite kit here in the market (only USD 180,00 the full kit with amps and nanosync).
What I'am afraid is about disassembly the remote, spend money and lose the portability (with the mod, I'll have to take the 3D print box every time I want to storage it in my bag). So, if I ain't get at least 2 km (around 50%) improvement it won't worth it.

I read lot of Maclnk posts talking about LOS like if I don't have LOS, the mod won't increase any range. That's why I'm afraid. My doubt is, in the same conditions (obstructed and interference), the mod improve signal any way or I will notice that only in LOS ?

My flight spot is right behind a 10m building and even though I get 3km distance. The HD Signal still solid full all the time. The problem is Interference and RC Signal that starts to drop at 2km.

I don't have conclusive results about the 1.5w Boost or FCC mode vs stock, like some people says they triple the range, i didn't get it any closer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR