DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Boost the FPVLR antenna. Those are known to work well with Boost.

If you continue to have issues, then you know it is a cabling issue. Perhaps external or internal to the controller. I would also include the controller itself as a possibility, but you mentioned you have 2 controllers with the same issue.

So...immediately when i switched on the mavic and remote i observed the blue led is brighter.
Just swapped the boosters out, nothing else changed. The result:
I flew my benchmark points.
All described below are better performance than stock on exact the same route and perfect predictability.

First the nanosync unboosted (and with booster that was faulty) @100m above homepoint:

Nr1 is 500m away and always loose 2 bar on tx side. This gets better but not for long.

Nr2 is the valley of death. 2100m from homepoint. Major interference. Here i always have total loss of tx while hd is on 2 bars. Guaranteed auto RTH.

Nanosync boosted when it still worked:

Nr1 : 1 bar loss on tx

Nr2 : i could make this through with 2-3 bars on both. Once cleared this area it would come back to 4 bars

Nr3: is 4800m away and calculated LoS is 160m due terrain. At 120m altitude with both signals on 3 this is the point where i lose signal. At 180m i did manage to continue but unstable performance deteriorating fast within 500m (2bars).

Fpvlr 3dr solo antenna unboosted:

No1: same as nanosync boosted
No2: same as nanosync boosted sometimes 2 bars in tx but always made it through. HD was always 3-4 bars.
After this i could continue towards No3 but made it to max 3500m out, the tx being limiting factor. HD on 4 bars.

Fpvlr boosted on tx side with working amp:

No1: full signal
No2: both Tx and Hd lost 1 bar (interference is really strong here)
No3: short of this point i started losing signal cause loss of LoS. Climbed to 180m and Tx came full strength, hd 4 bars.
I continued to:
No4: bit over 6000 m out with HD 3 and Tx 4 bars. Since i had some headwind on the way back i decided to return and landed on 18% battery (no battery mod).Total trip around 14km. I did encounter a single short signal loss at the extreme point cause of LoS being very fragile.

Edit:
With the fpvlr boosted i could go out a couple more km if modded battery an more altitude. The flown area at nr3 and nr4 is congested and packed with industry.

The previous sunhans always indicated correct operation but was obviously defective.
I will soon run some flights with also Rx side boosted and with this sunhans dual amp..need to receive some more coax/connectors also.
Drone police: yes, i did climb to 180m. I normally do not do this but had to test so please no trolling. I do know what im doing and where i do this.

Last edited:
@Maclak so the nanosync can be boosted and sure improvement up to 4.8KM yes?

Well, let me put it this way:
The findings i post are different setups with identical benchmark points flown numerous times proven to be predictable. This is my area.
Im sure way more range can be made in an open area. But...
Nothing is sure. It all depends where you use it. Maybe it even depends on the firmware level or when your mavic came off the assembly line, really.
Seeing that my previous amp was defective im not sure what caused this. Maybe it was the nanosync..maybe it was not suitable at all boosting. I really cannot say because i lack knowledge and experience with these things.
@CyberNate :
Just for your info. I have used a 1300mah 3s lipo to power the sunhans. Voltage readout after 1 hr of flight is still 4.19v!! This thing hardly pulls anything out of the battery.

@Maclak yes of course but it is still improvement little or more, depends on many variables but still improved.,
anyway I found this on ebay china seller

Dual antenna WiFi Signal Booster 1000mW 2.4 GHz 2T2R / 300Mbps WiFi amplifier

1)is this the correct model?
2)should I be aware of any clone?
3)what kind of cables do I need to connect to the nanosync and from the controller?
4)I had nanosync installed, do I have to reopen the remote controller to install this amps?

So...immediately when i switched on the mavic and remote i observed the blue led is brighter.
Just swapped the boosters out, nothing else changed. The result:
I flew my benchmark points.
All described below are better performance than stock on exact the same route and perfect predictability.

First the nanosync unboosted (and with booster that was faulty) @100m above homepoint:

Nr1 is 500m away and always loose 2 bar on tx side. This gets better but not for long.

Nr2 is the valley of death. 2100m from homepoint. Major interference. Here i always have total loss of tx while hd is on 2 bars. Guaranteed auto RTH.

Nanosync boosted when it still worked:

Nr1 : 1 bar loss on tx

Nr2 : i could make this through with 2-3 bars on both. Once cleared this area it would come back to 4 bars

Nr3: is 4800m away and calculated LoS is 160m due terrain. At 120m altitude with both signals on 3 this is the point where i lose signal. At 180m i did manage to continue but unstable performance deteriorating fast within 500m (2bars).

Fpvlr 3dr solo antenna unboosted:

No1: same as nanosync boosted
No2: same as nanosync boosted sometimes 2 bars in tx but always made it through. HD was always 3-4 bars.
After this i could continue towards No3 but made it to max 3500m out, the tx being limiting factor. HD on 4 bars.

Fpvlr boosted on tx side with working amp:

No1: full signal
No2: both Tx and Hd lost 1 bar (interference is really strong here)
No3: short of this point i started losing signal cause loss of LoS. Climbed to 180m and Tx came full strength, hd 4 bars.
I continued to:
No4: bit over 6000 m out with HD 3 and Tx 4 bars. Since i had some headwind on the way back i decided to return and landed on 18% battery (no battery mod).Total trip around 14km. I did encounter a single short signal loss at the extreme point cause of LoS being very fragile.

Edit:
With the fpvlr boosted i could go out a couple more km if modded battery an more altitude. The flown area at nr3 and nr4 is congested and packed with industry.

The previous sunhans always indicated correct operation but was obviously defective.
I will soon run some flights with also Rx side boosted and with this sunhans dual amp..need to receive some more coax/connectors also.
Drone police: yes, i did climb to 180m. I normally do not do this but had to test so please no trolling. I do know what im doing and where i do this.

I'm glad to hear you're getting good performance now. That's more like it!

same FPVLR kit with boosted both ends... 13km in the city.

That's an amazing flight! You're getting into Phantom leaderboard range with that. Well so much for the record. I was going to break 40k feet on Friday, but you have over 43,000 with that run. I'm quite sure my radio range won't go that far and definitely not my battery. Definitely need Mavic side boosting for that kind of range and hardwired battery leads. Were you using the FPVLR Yagi type antenna? You should try the FPVLR circular polarized. I didn't see good boosting results with the yagi type. Obviously you overcame with Mavic side boosting.

Could you give some more details regarding your mods?

You boosted the Mavic side? Nice!
Oh..i thought with "both ends" he meant tx an rx on the remote?!

@mravicprilot :
1- yes
2- i don't think so
3- remote > amp: rp-sma - sma (one side pin, other side hole, two pcs)
Amp > nanosync : rpsma-rpsma (both sides hole, two pcs)
Note: normally there is sma female on the antenna's (hole). I don-t know why they made rpsma female on the nanosync.
You want to use coax rg58 cable with bend radius flex 5. Or rg316, this is much thinner.
4- No

Oh..i thought with "both ends" he meant tx an rx on the remote?!

No, Shannon is running the FPVLR YAGI type antenna. Those don't have the range to get 43,000ft. I'm sure by both ends he means Mavic side as well. I have those antenna and they don't boost well due to excessive cross interference. If it's controller side boosting only, I'd be VERY surprised.

No, Shannon is running the FPVLR YAGI type antenna. Those don't have the range to get 43,000ft. I'm sure by both ends he means Mavic side as well. I have those antenna and they don't boost well due to excessive cross interference. If it's controller side boosting only, I'd be VERY surprised.

Well, I could be wrong. I see that the transmission signal is greatly outpacing the receive signal which is in line with controller side boosting. Those fpvlr amps must be much better than the sunhams. Need to research those.

Incredible fast shipping from Germany i got the dual 1000mW booster. It's a lot bigger than the gold one. See below. The remote has become a magnificent abomination. Still have to replace the blue cable, have to crimp some new ones. I call this remote: Soundwave. It's evil.
Have to make a backyard testflight to confirm functioning. Later i will do my benchmark run.

20170517_135706.jpg 20170517_135718.jpg20170517_135738.jpg

What is your setup with these flights Nate? 18000' almost is not bad but seeing most issues around max distance on the 2nd one you're max-ed out. The 1st one: how high are the trees 900' ahead of the flight path? They can impact quite a bit.
+6dbi omni ant., boosted tx/rx, ankler battery USB

Highest tree is in the beginning of trip just under 100ft tall about 1000ft away. The rest farm land.

Incredible fast shipping from Germany i got the dual 1000mW booster. It's a lot bigger than the gold one. See below. The remote has become a magnificent abomination. Still have to replace the blue cable, have to crimp some new ones. I call this remote: Soundwave. It's evil.
Have to make a backyard testflight to confirm functioning. Later i will do my benchmark run.

View attachment 13029 View attachment 13030View attachment 13031
Where did you get your bracket for the antenna/remote or does that comes with that certain antenna

Where did you get your bracket for the antenna/remote or does that comes with that certain antenna

Those trees kan kill your signal big time at distance. 1500' altitude can help you clear most of em.
The bracket comes with the Nanosync. Cannibalized it. The white thingy i attached the booster on is also cannibalized from other stuff.
I did a backyard run and all works good. The tx signal is definitely amp-ed bit i do not have good los due to a hill. I do think i notice slight gain on rx too. Got to go to my field to check later.
I m not sure this amp is a keeper for droning though. Its twice as wide, a bit longer and twice as thick compared to the 3w amp. It's also 3x as heavy.. if no big gain compared to the golden one i have to dismantle project Soundwave and use it's guts to boost home-wifi ;)

Reactions: Natedoggz
Those trees kan kill your signal big time at distance. 1500' altitude can help you clear most of em.
The bracket comes with the Nanosync. Cannibalized it. The white thingy i attached the booster on is also cannibalized from other stuff.
I did a backyard run and all works good. The tx signal is definitely amp-ed bit i do not have good los due to a hill. I do think i notice slight gain on rx too. Got to go to my field to check later.
I m not sure this amp is a keeper for droning though. Its twice as wide, a bit longer and twice as thick compared to the 3w amp. It's also 3x as heavy.. if no big gain compared to the golden one i have to dismantle project Soundwave and use it's guts to boost home-wifi ;)
Thanks for the updates

You boosted the Mavic side? Nice!

That's an amazing flight! You're getting into Phantom leaderboard range with that. Well so much for the record. I was going to break 40k feet on Friday, but you have over 43,000 with that run. I'm quite sure my radio range won't go that far and definitely not my battery. Definitely need Mavic side boosting for that kind of range and hardwired battery leads. Were you using the FPVLR Yagi type antenna? You should try the FPVLR circular polarized. I didn't see good boosting results with the yagi type. Obviously you overcame with Mavic side boosting.

Could you give some more details regarding your mods?

That's not a Mavic flight that's a phantom 3 flight. It was posted on fb a few days ago by a guy in Mexico. Not sure why Shannon would post or indicate that was a Mavic flight when it's clearly not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18