DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

The 2 flights listed, both using 6dbi omni directional antennas

You likely have interference from the controller side. I see on the map that you are near a residential area. Try changing your location slightly. Even 10 ft can make a huge difference if there is interference from behind you.

Reactions: Natedoggz
You likely have interference from the controller side. I see on the map that you are near a residential area. Try changing your location slightly. Even 10 ft can make a huge difference if there is interference from behind you.
Will try that, but just seems to have gotten like this after update to .700, not blaming firmware but a little bit confusing.

The order in which to turn on doesn't matter. There should only be a white led on until you turn on both the controller and mavic. At that point only the left transmit side should blink blue. If you have cross interference both transmit and receive will blink blue. It is common to have cross interference with linear type antenna. Only my cross polarized have good isolation while my linear sees both side blinking blue.

Well I have only 1 amp boosting TX side.. Just curious how to test the output. I will ask some technical guys in the morning if they can help out with a spectrum analyzer. The thing is that im not sure what the remote outputs if I do not switch on the mavic. I mean: the sunhans is a WiFi booster. It should not need the mavic turned on to give also a blue light? When hooked onto a WiFi router it also should amplify the signal without having a " connected' unit on the other end.
What happens actually if the sunhans is not powered when the remote is switched on? Is there still a signal going out to the antenna (unboosted) or is the signal cut off risking the TX to get fried?

Will try that, but just seems to have gotten like this after update to .700, not blaming firmware but a little bit confusing.
What is your setup with these flights Nate? 18000' almost is not bad but seeing most issues around max distance on the 2nd one you're max-ed out. The 1st one: how high are the trees 900' ahead of the flight path? They can impact quite a bit.

I flew a lot of flights over the weekend. I'm extremely happy with my small boosted patch antennas. I tried boosting the biquad antennas and the results were near the same as the boosted patches. The boosted biquads are not worth the extra weight and bulkyness. I will be flying with the boosted patch antennas until I decide to work on a extreme directional high gain yagi. That might be very soon as we always want more even when what we currently have is more than suffice. Haha.

Some of you may be curious of the actual distance I am achieving. I do not like to share actual distances as environments and noise floors have a big impact on initial baselines. I would like to share my gain in percentages at this point though. I'm getting about 55-60% further in distance with the boosted patches. This is compared to a stock antenna controller. The unboosted biquad got me about 45% distance gain from stock. The stock patches got me about 40% gain in distance compared to stock.

I thought for sure I would get further with the boosted biquads. I am using SMA extension cables on the boosted biquads vs direct soldering on the boosted patches. The extra cabling and connectors might be leaky.
I want to take my new setup out to the country and see just how far I can get. My current environment is littered with wifi, trees and some structures. That is my only obstacle flying where I currently fly now. I may try elevating myself off the ground a couple of meters and try agian. With my past experience, any little bit of elevation you can get while holding the controller is good.

Ken

@Natedoggz
Any update from your side? Do you always have issues at range now? I was thinking maybe you got the same problem as i have: amp not boosting anymore..
Although plugged in, the spectrum analyzer does not show increased signal when booster is on but lights are blue/white.

@Hyprmtr
Thanks for your detailed findings!

Reactions: Hyprmtr
@Natedoggz
Any update from your side? Do you always have issues at range now? I was thinking maybe you got the same problem as i have: amp not boosting anymore..
Although plugged in, the spectrum analyzer does not show increased signal when booster is on but lights are blue/white.

@Hyprmtr
Thanks for your detailed findings!
I have reviewed my footage from the different times and locations and believe it is towers with interference (just thought it would happen all the time, but read somewhere that they power them on and off on demand, so hit or miss on the tower that is directly 50ft behind me) for the interference that was within 1000ft from me and there was another tower at the end of my trip as well. But noticed this mostly with the update to .700, since my system hasn't changed just locations and packing so I'm going to try some different cable and try my cheap patch antenna again as well as 6dbi omni directional pole antenna. Hopefully it works also found a different amp that separates better.
3940b0a82828cff05a116ae745b631a9.jpg

I have reviewed my footage from the different times and locations and believe it is towers with interference (just thought it would happen all the time, but read somewhere that they power them on and off on demand, so hit or miss on the tower that is directly 50ft behind me) for the interference that was within 1000ft from me and there was another tower at the end of my trip as well. But noticed this mostly with the update to .700, since my system hasn't changed just locations and packing so I'm going to try some different cable and try my cheap patch antenna again as well as 6dbi omni directional pole antenna. Hopefully it works also found a different amp that separates better.
Interesting this booster. So u need only 1 of these for tx and rx antenna's?!
Edit: also curious how to power this..12v>>3s lipo?

Last edited:
Well I have only 1 amp boosting TX side.. Just curious how to test the output. I will ask some technical guys in the morning if they can help out with a spectrum analyzer. The thing is that im not sure what the remote outputs if I do not switch on the mavic. I mean: the sunhans is a WiFi booster. It should not need the mavic turned on to give also a blue light? When hooked onto a WiFi router it also should amplify the signal without having a " connected' unit on the other end.
What happens actually if the sunhans is not powered when the remote is switched on? Is there still a signal going out to the antenna (unboosted) or is the signal cut off risking the TX to get fried?

If the amp is OFF, then there is nothing passing through to the antenna. It must be on or you would lose signal in less then 100 meters away. You would only get a small signal from the connectors before the booster.

It could be the amp is damaged. Perhaps the Nanosync doesn't work well with boosters, resulting in a poor impedance/SWR. It is possible to damage amplifiers with unmatched antenna. I don't have a lot of experience with that, but perhaps our Ham radio operators can chime in such as Shannon.

Edit: Regarding the blue light. It only blinks for amplified transmission signal. If the Mavic is off, there is no communication (judging by no blinking light). For mine, I have to have both devices on before the blue light is blinking.

If the amp is OFF, then there is nothing passing through to the antenna. It must be on or you would lose signal in less then 100 meters away. You would only get a small signal from the connectors before the booster.

It could be the amp is damaged. Perhaps the Nanosync doesn't work well with boosters, resulting in a poor impedance/SWR. It is possible to damage amplifiers with unmatched antenna. I don't have a lot of experience with that, but perhaps our Ham radio operators can chime in such as Shannon.

Edit: Regarding the blue light. It only blinks for amplified transmission signal. If the Mavic is off, there is no communication (judging by no blinking light). For mine, I have to have both devices on before the blue light is blinking.

I tried both nanosync and fpvlr circular antennae.
I think it was @Shannon that said it could be the internal cables but then again the signal without boosting is as good as it was before.
One thing did catch my attention: we hooked the booster onto a spectrum analyzer and i observed the blue led was much brighter than used with mavic and clearly blinking.

Interesting this booster. So u need only 1 of these for tx and rx antenna's?!
Edit: also curious how to power this..12v>>3s lipo?
From my understanding, yes only need 1amp! I have a nice ankler usb battery that goes to higher voltages for fast charging on Samsung phones, it definitely has a 12volt output upto 3 amps I believe but could be more would have to look it up.

hi guys, so about the amplifier, is it compatible with nanosync dbs mod?
Which one? The dual above should be good. Same freq range and protocol. Powered with 3s lipo should be just fine. It's "only" 1000mW but that should be plenty.
Yea lots of "should" cause i cannot get my system working..

@maclac this one

edit: I can't find any local supplier in Malaysia. and there's no 2.4 gHz model on sunhans official site, only single version available, is it discontinued.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai