DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

nasa space launch

Viciam

Reactions
hello again'

nasa is launching the rocket on the 21first of june. i want to fly my drone and record the launch is it safe to fly the drone there maybe first above the launch pad and then i will move it far far away 50 meteres(law) to catch the take off

i think the footage will be nice

I would imagine the surrounding area would be a NFZ.
PFFFFTTT! All the "cool kids" disable that stuff out of the box. We need mavericks like this to get the cool video footage so we dont have to risk it!

Reactions: Gotjah
i think when the jet angin powers(fire coming from the hole at bottom lol) i should move 50 meteres away i saw on top gear when the airoplane is at full power the car blows ovver so rocket is maybe twice as powerful so my drone should be 50 meteres.i hope it will be safe but it will be okay i think. have to be careful these days when flying a drone u never no

i think when the jet angin powers(fire coming from the hole at bottom lol) i should move 50 meteres away i saw on top gear when the airoplane is at full power the car blows ovver so rocket is maybe twice as powerful so my drone should be 50 meteres.i hope it will be safe but it will be okay i think. have to be careful these days when flying a drone u never no
Since you are seriously considering this: Guessing and assuming isn't your best friend here. The thrust of a space rocket is a bit more then 2 times a jet engine. Also on topgear those cars are grounded, floating objects do not have that kind of friction and the weight of your drone is nothing compared to those cars. Your drone would be impacted 500 meters away. A long story short: if you value your drone and are seriously respecting safety you shouldn't attempt this.

That’s like telling Borglum that carving a mountain is not a good idea.
Don’t be a dream killer. :D

I think the bigger problem is going to be avoiding bullets from security.

It would be cool if you could attach the drone to the rocket, and release it at about 100,000 feet and film from there and on the way back down. Should be safe because there will almost certainly be no helicopters and airplanes within miles of the launch area.
Look into that!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
It would be cool if you could attach the drone to the rocket, and release it at about 100,000 feet and film from there and on the way back down. Should be safe because there will almost certainly be no helicopters and airplanes within miles of the launch area.
Look into that!
Hey, you were right! This NASA thread is way better than his drone one! Personally I think that if he wants to capture that kind of epicness he should upgrade to an Inspire and sell his Mavic (Then Inspire Pilots can enjoy all these neat threads;))

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato