DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Natural Gas Tanks on The West Shore of Staten Island

Those are LNG tanks built in the 1970's (not 1920s). I drove past them daily during their construction.

The tanks are abandoned. Local opposition rose quickly and vehemently due to dangerous nature of an LNG leak and difficulty in extinguishing any resulting fire. Reference: LNG Tank Concerns

Opposition was heightened by explosion at an LNG tank on northern west shore of Staten Island (near Goethals bridge). That explosion in 1973 claimed 40 worker's lives. See story reference here: LNG Tank Explosion

Those are LNG tanks built in the 1970's (not 1920s). I drove past them daily during their construction.

The tanks are abandoned. Local opposition rose quickly and vehemently due to dangerous nature of an LNG leak and difficulty in extinguishing any resulting fire. Reference: LNG Tank Concerns

Opposition was heightened by explosion at an LNG tank on northern west shore of Staten Island (near Goethals bridge). That explosion in 1973 claimed 40 worker's lives. See story reference here: LNG Tank Explosion
thanks for the article. I didn't know that many people died.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002