DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NBC News: New TSA restrictions for on-board electronics

Hauptmann

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Last night on NBC news it was reported that TSA is about to restrict on-board electronic items larger than a cellphone on inbound flights from 102 countries. This can only make traveling with a drone even more problematic.

Okay, I just contacted the TSA. This restriction is NOT TRUE.

They are raising security measures on 105 countries where all the electronics are heavily screened, but can still be brought on board and the electronics ban on the 10 countries will be lifted. This is the case of an airline jumping the gun. This will be rolled out in phases.

Reactions: alexnj
I'm an airline pilot and I carry my MP with me. They never say anything.

So why the panic??? Pack your mavic in your checked bag and carry on the batteries. It's not the end of the world, it just requires some people to not treat their electronics like they're new born babies.

So why the panic??? Pack your mavic in your checked bag and carry on the batteries. It's not the end of the world, it just requires some people to not treat their electronics like they're new born babies.
Read my post #6, it's a non-issue, and the last time I checked electronics, it arrived destroyed, so that's not happening.

Read my post #6, it's a non-issue, and the last time I checked electronics, it arrived destroyed, so that's not happening.

Sounds like you may need to do a better job packing. I've never had any electronics destroyed or stolen when packed in my checked luggage and I've traveled the world with tons of electronic, video and photography gear. Maybe #6 should have come before #2, #3 and #5? Padding your stats?

Sounds like you may need to do a better job packing. I've never had any electronics destroyed or stolen when packed in my checked luggage and I've traveled the world with tons of electronic, video and photography gear. Maybe #6 should have come before #2, #3 and #5? Padding your stats?
My packing was just fine, when I opened the suitcase, it had an inspection notice, and more than my electronics were ruined. Needless to say I filed a claim and was reimbursed. As for padding my stats, that's not what I'm on this forum for. I just speak my mind.

Reactions: SilicaStorm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman