DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND FILTER STUCK

Maverick1

Reactions
Hello,

I have purchased some ND filters for my mavic pro platinum. They seemed a bit snug and snapped on over the gold rim. Now they are on so tight I am unable to remove them from the lens! Please any suggestions would help!

Hello,

I have purchased some ND filters for my mavic pro platinum. They seemed a bit snug and snapped on over the gold rim. Now they are on so tight I am unable to remove them from the lens! Please any suggestions would help!
Detail on brand and/or pictures would be a help.

87128cdc204afba5ce9dffd7c6bd1bd0.jpg
here they are

I’d first try a rubber nonslip pad, like those jar openers. Try rocking and rotary movements. Be sure to stabilize the camera well with your off hand to avoid camera or gimbal damage.
If that doesn’t work you can try a plastic pry bar.

Hope this works and without damage to the drone. If so I personally would never use them again an would attempt to return them for credit.

I checked a random neewer filter set on amazon a few days ago. It was advertised for mavic pro but people complained they were for mavic air instead. Have you read the customer responses? Just my 2 cents.

From the picture you posted there appears to be no threads cut on the inside. These filters must push onto your lens. Hold the camera still with one hand and try rocking and twisting the filter at the same time. Or try prying it off with a small non-marring screwdriver, very carefully.

Good luck my friend.

I have a set of Neewer filters for my Mavic pro 1. they are a tight fit. I always use the plastic device that came with the mavic to lock the camera/gimble before fitting or removing the filter.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I checked a random neewer filter set on amazon a few days ago. It was advertised for mavic pro but people complained they were for mavic air instead. Have you read the customer responses? Just my 2 cents.

will check it out, thanks [emoji1360]

From the picture you posted there appears to be no threads cut on the inside. These filters must push onto your lens. Hold the camera still with one hand and try rocking and twisting the filter at the same time. Or try prying it off with a small non-marring screwdriver, very carefully.

Good luck my friend.

thanks!

I have a set of Neewer filters for my Mavic pro 1. they are a tight fit. I always use the plastic device that came with the mavic to lock the camera/gimble before fitting or removing the filter.

do you ever have a hard time removing them?

I use cheap latex gloves to grip my filters for removal / install. Also keeps them fingerprint free

Those filters don't have threads. You'll probably have the best luck removing it if you make sure the filter is even while pulling it off (meaning it's not pushed onto the camera further on one side). Twisting it a bit might help free it too.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Just looks like a tight fit. I would put on a pair of rubber gloved as was previously suggested, put on the Gimbal Clamp and hold on to the Camera as best you can and just work it free. The Gimbal is not as delicate as it looks. Be careful. Don't hurry or force it. Your choice of filters got mostly good reviews on Amazon. All the bad reviews I read were for bad fit. Either too loose or unable to install with a foam ring, or too tight and hard to remove with a metal ring as yours have. I would not have bought them with a foam retaining ring, that would wear out and the metal ring looks like it would scratch the camera. You should always read the reviews on Amazon. You must have just purchased your set, so you can probably return them. I would spend a little more and order a set from Polar Pro or PGYTECH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive