DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filter

I’m using Skyreat filters on my M2P. For the money they cost you can’t go wrong;) bloody cheapThumbswayup

Last edited:
do you prefer Polar pro filter or DJI ND filter?
If those are the only two options, I'd probably go with Polar Pro since they have more options available.

There are many great Mavic 2 filters available though. If interested, you can find a list of other commonly used filter brands here.

Reactions: Point Zero
I’m using Skyreat filters on my M2P. For the money they cost you can’t go wrong;) bloody cheapThumbswayup
Hey, Porky!
Have you ever noticed any kind of colour cast or loss of sharpness with Skyreat? Can't afford PolarPro filters...

What I have noticed in the "cheaper" filters isnt so much the clarity, them seem ok here but what I have noticed is "color casting". The cheaper ones have more color cast but that can be fixed in post if undesirable.

EDIT: My Polar Pros do have a small bit of color casting but is very little and alot less than what I have seen fron the cheap ones. You do get what you pay for most of the time if you dig deep enough.

Polar pro straight ND's and Freewell variable ND which is nice and easy to use. Just ordered Freewell NDCP's as well.

What I have noticed in the "cheaper" filters isnt so much the clarity, them seem ok here but what I have noticed is "color casting". The cheaper ones have more color cast but that can be fixed in post if undesirable.

EDIT: My Polar Pros do have a small bit of color casting but is very little and alot less than what I have seen fron the cheap ones. You do get what you pay for most of the time if you dig deep enough.
If they do cast any colour (generally magenta), they are even more overpriced... Colour cast in professional photography/cinematography is unacceptable in any way or amount.

Reactions: brettbrandon
If they do cast any colour (generally magenta), they are even more overpriced... Colour cast in professional photography/cinematography is unacceptable in any way or amount.
I agree but have yet to see any without color cast (for drones) so I went with the least...
If someone knows of any that has none I would like to hear.

I agree but have yet to see any without color cast (for drones) so I went with the least...
If someone knows of any that has none I would like to hear.
Maybe Tiffen (a proper professional brand) won’t cast any colour. I’ve been using them for professional photography for the last 15 years and they never gabe me any casting problems.

Maybe Tiffen (a proper professional brand) won’t cast any colour. I’ve been using them for professional photography for the last 15 years and they never gabe me any casting problems.
Definitely a good drone filter... in the same price range as PolarPro. Clearly there is something different about the higher end drone filters... what? I won’t speculate. My point in this post is that I believe you get what you pay for. Toffee was not available for the M2P when I purchased.

Reactions: brettbrandon
I wasnt aware they were making filters for the M2P. When I got my M2P a year ago, there was only a few companies making filters for them.
On my DSLR's I use Tiffen, B+W, Heliopan, and got a circular polarizer by a company named Breakthrough Photography that is awesome.

Definitely a good drone filter... in the same price range as PolarPro. Clearly there is something different about the higher end drone filters... what? I won’t speculate. My point in this post is that I believe you get what you pay for. Toffee was not available for the M2P when I purchased.
From what I have seen the main difference is the quality of the glass and the coatings with the latter causing the casting. On my DSLR's I try to get filters that use "Schott" Glass (not the drinking type).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt