DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters - advise needed

jakejakey1208

Reactions
Since I got my Mavic I have been considering purchasing a set of ND Filters.

However these filters are very controversial, some people say they work and others say otherwise.

I am looking for a set of ND Filters (probably ND4 + ND8 + ND16) that will not interfere with the gimbal startup or function and won't break at the slightest touch.

Thanks!

Reactions: matth1000
df6922818fd660c00797f5f9d47c4fcc.jpg

I want to try these ones but I ve no feedback yet The Polar pro are too expensive for me.

Reactions: Maisum
Sandmarc do a set of 4 ND filters, I saw a review on YouTube that compared them to the PolarPro (which are expensive). These apparently fit better and come off easier. However the Sandmarc are not as readily available as the PolarPro or DJI's own filters.

Freewellpro have rocked for me, comes with cleaning pen and kool case zippo issues with gimbal just hit 100 flights with them in Panama and dig them for the price

83f5a890bbaf6c1d8921fb21d1d72422.jpg

Reactions: lookatbowen
I have Polar Pro, and bought the 3 pack for 49.99. They work good, easy to install, and do not interfere with the gimbal.

Reactions: Glideslope
If you can afford a $1000 drone then you can afford a set of good filters like the polar Pro.
You get what you pay for.

It's like people who buy expensive cars and then complain about a $50 oil change.

Got it but not telling me if those are good or not

Reactions: Rbruz
I have the Polar Pro Shutter collection. They do work as advertised by slowing the shutter speed down although out here in the bright desert sun even ND32 wont get my shutter speed down to 2x the frame rate. They do not interfere with the gimbal so they can be left on at startup. I have seen posts about users finding these hard to install and remove however mine slide right on and off with very little effort. I am still trying to find the ideal camera setting/filter combination but so far I am satisfied.

Reactions: BrAinZ and minkoff
DJI one are very bad...much too fragile!
When unmounting one the filter just separated from the plastic ring..and when unmounting a second one the lens just broke

If you can afford a $1000 drone then you can afford a set of good filters like the polar Pro.
You get what you pay for.

It's like people who buy expensive cars and then complain about a $50 oil change.

Well actually, the pp at the time sucked, so I bought taco and freewell the freewell worked great so sold the new tacos to a friend, we both dig what we got. Simple as I saved time and money not buying the pp that extra [emoji385] went towards 4 batteries so I travel and fly the bird tons!

Reactions: debric france
Trust me they work. That's why most broadcast cameras come with NDs from 8 to 64. Considering your mavic has a set aperture and you can only control the exposure by means of shutter.. using a ND in bright light is a no brainer. Anyone that tells you they don't work has no idea how videography works or what they are supposed to do

Sandmarc do a set of 4 ND filters, I saw a review on YouTube that compared them to the PolarPro (which are expensive). These apparently fit better and come off easier. However the Sandmarc are not as readily available as the PolarPro or DJI's own filters.
Thanks so much, I will invest in these

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_