DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nd filters impact on gimbal

Jameslavis

Reactions
Love the idea of these but I’ve read even the new ones from dji or power can burn out gimbal motors. Any info on this?

Most of the better ones will pass gimbal calibration no problem. Weight (on my Neewers) is about 1 gram. If you put them on correctly I don't see how they could have that much of an impact.

May have been some old filters on older drones. But swear it was related to Mavic Pro. Can dropping a filter at all affect the gimbal long or short term

Love the idea of these but I’ve read even the new ones from dji or power can burn out gimbal motors. Any info on this?

I use PolarPro and I didn't notice any difference in gimbal performance at all. They are about 0.5g and you have to remove the ring around the lens in order for them to fit, so difference in weight is really insignificant.

I use PolarPro and I didn't notice any difference in gimbal performance at all. They are about 0.5g and you have to remove the ring around the lens in order for them to fit, so difference in weight is really insignificant.

The OP was talking about filters for the Pro not the Air. :)

Nope I posted in the air form cuz I have an air. The complaints I read were on the pro tho. So I love the idea of these but not at the cost of messing up my air gimbal

Nope I posted in the air form cuz I have an air. The complaints I read were on the pro tho. So I love the idea of these but not at the cost of messing up my air gimbal

Ah, got you. Don't worry about the Air filters then, there's no way they'll mess with your gimbal..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3