DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters in Fly More (ND16, 64 and 256)

I decided to preorder the PolarPro Polarized ND filters for the MA2. Ships June 15. Almost forgot, ND8, ND16 & ND32.

What filters do you guys recommend for filming? and some photography? 16 and 32? and what brand do you guys recommend?

What filters do you guys recommend for filming? and some photography? 16 and 32? and what brand do you guys recommend?

For video mostly, to get shutter double frame rate (shooting FPS 24, aim for 1/50k shutter, 30 / 60 etc).
So for video, whatever is needed for that purpose in various light, with various backgrounds (bright sand / snow, or regular daylight, near sunrise / sunset, etc).

For photos, whatever you need for motion blur of water, car lights etc.

You don't say what drone you have (we are in the MA2 section), but in general Polar Pro are the leaders here, costly.
You probably won't pick the difference with brands like Pgytech, Neewer, Freewell.

Usually a set like HD4, 8, 16, 32, maybe a 64 will do most for filming, if you want really slow shutter for photos you need to go higher in some cases.
Depends on what your drones settings are capable of.

Reactions: flyhigh2
Hey Guys,

I see with the Flymore it looks to come with ND filters of: ND16/64/256

I live in Ireland where we don't get much sunshine (but as I type this it's sunny!), often outside of summer time it can be grey and overcast. I've (with my old MA, sold and waiting on MA2 to arrive in a few weeks) only used an ND4 and ND8.

I know certain circumstances warrant using specific ND filters - but I would have like an ND 4/8/16/32.

Anyone know a good place online to buy ND 4/8/16/32 and which brand would be the best ?

Thanks Ro

I have pre ordered these, they’ll be available June 15. Might go over to their website and look around.

I have pre ordered these, they’ll be available June 15. Might go over to their website and look around.
Nice one - thanks
Ro

After doing some more research, I discovered how much ND filters vignet your footage, even the expensive filters. See pic and full article.B7D99D09-0651-46CB-B109-425FD0F2BB28.gif

So I’m going to pass on the ND Filters, keep my colors undamaged and introduce motion blur (when needed) in post.

For video, I typically use an ND64 on a sunny day. I use the 64 more than any other, followed by the 32. I couldn’t set the shutter to 1/50 otherwise.

I guess the 256 would be for sunny days in snow conditions. That’s the only time I can think you’d want one that dark

I guess the 256 would be for sunny days in snow conditions. That’s the only time I can think you’d want one that dark
Also useful for long exposures of flowing water.

Hey Guys,

What do people think of these Variable ND filters from Polar Pro coming out in June ? Looks good.

Thanks Ro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag