DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters in stock

Not sure why they’d make these.
ND64 yes, for absolutely brilliant sunny middle of the day video where there is snow or pure white beach sand, but even then an ND32 is often ok.
For photography and slowing the shutter, surely (even on the stillest of days) the drone is going to move just those little amounts to make motion blur photos too difficult to capture clearly ?

Reactions: Cobra193
Not sure why they’d make these.
ND64 yes, for absolutely brilliant sunny middle of the day video where there is snow or pure white beach sand, but even then an ND32 is often ok.
For photography and slowing the shutter, surely (even on the stillest of days) the drone is going to move just those little amounts to make motion blur photos too difficult to capture clearly ?
Agreed. Aside from those scenarios, unless you want to blur falling water or if you're doing a feature film, I've found ND filters to be detrimental in drone photography/Videography. As you said even on fairly calm days, anything below 1200 shutter and you'll get some blurring of trees that makes them look 'soft'.

And when doing videos (I do mostly commercial Real Estate), I rarely want/need that film look with that film-like motion blur. I actually want each frame to be a clear as possible with as little motion blur as possible.

The only other reason for ND filters is if you have fast motion in video (ie someone doing jumping jacks) or a car driving by really fast. THEN you want just enough motion blur so that the motion doesn't look jerky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji