DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters - what to buy? (& where)

billem16

Reactions
I have my new DJI mavic pro coming in the mail. I'm brand new to drones. I'll be using them to capture wedding venues for wedding video's I do occasionally. I want to get some ND filters to use for harsh light afternoons where I live, but curious what a basic "good enough" pack is? I'm considering buying 3 filters from PolarPro ND4, ND8, ND16 for $80.

Kindof steep for these little guys, but I feel it's necessary. Are there other brands that are less expensive but still high quality? From what I understand, PolarPro runs the ND filter industry.

Also, what's the difference between "ND 16" and "ND 16/PL" ?

I'd like to buy some used ones if possible but haven't seen any in the Classifieds forum.

Are there other brands that are less expensive but still high quality?
You can find other brands that work well here. If you decide to stray outside of that brand list, then check the reviews to see what other people are saying about the filters.

Also, what's the difference between "ND 16" and "ND 16/PL" ?
"PL" filters are polarized. Check out this video for examples of what you can do with polarized filters:

I have these and love them. I'd definitely go with polarized. (I also picked up a ND32/PL in addition)

Polar Pro Filters DJI Mavic Filters-Cinema Series-Vivid Collection

http://a.co/6nrEJp5

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ