DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nd Filters

Polar Pro Polarizers are pretty good. I have a review on them coming out tonight! I would recommend the 3-pack of Circular Polarizer, ND8 and ND16 Filter. Possibly an ND32 for really sunny days. You can find them on amazon.

Ok. Changing where I was at after reading more and more on this. I'm looking at taco rc, freewell and polar pro. I'm leaning towards taco rc because of how light they are, and you get an extra filter for the same price the nd32. What's everyone's take on these vs the others? Quality in glass, warranty, etc.
Also should I go multicoated or the non Mc ones? I know it personal preference and I don't mind the occasional lens flare in a video I think it looks neat sometimes. Just don't want it to be an annoying constant thing

I bought the HobbyTiger Brand from Amazon for $30. They pass the gimbal calibration with no problem if you put them on snug with the gimbal clamp on. After you put the filter on, don't forget to remove the clamp before starting up. They seem high quality and come in N4, N8, N16 and UV.

I have to make further comment on the original posting I made. I tried the ND16 filter and it did not pass the gimbal test not matter how hard I tried to install it on the lens of the camera. I went back to the ND8 and it works just fine.

Reactions: Sew
Not that too many folks will care, but DJI specifies that the use of non-DJI ND filters on the Mavic voids their warranty. I don't know how they'd know, actually. But that's what the company states.

So sense in spamming me over this. Just passing on what I've read and been told.

I recently purchased the Polar Pro Cinema series.. I'll say two things about them.
1. What a difference in the video quality.
2. Well worth the $$$

Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro

I have the Polar Pro 32pl and 64pl and the Sandmarc pol, 4, 8 & 16 and they all seem fine. The diameter of the glass of the PolarPro series is quite a bit smaller than the Sandmarc filters. You need to ensure they are fully pressed home to avoid vignetting. Both makes are fine on the gimbal without issues. I use the ND8 in bright overcast conditions to get 1/60th second and I use the ND16 in hazy sun to get 1/60th. In bright unrelenting sunlight the ND 32 is the one to use if you are on 25 or 30 fps. If you shoot 60fps then you won't need the ND32.

Best Buy has a 6 pc set made by Bower. I haven't tried them yet, but for $49 it was a heck of a deal. Came with a leatherette pouch for them too.

I'm trying the @sandmarc ND/PL pack still figuring out when to use them and when not to, so far on my first flight to test the filters I notice there was one filter getting a spiral pattern on the footage, like a strobe effect. I then noticed after inspecting the filters that one was already damaged from the inside, really disappointed since I decided to get the more expensive ones from Sandmarc instead of the cheaper options. :( I hope they also have a lifetime warranty like @PolarPro

Attachments

• IMG_6342.JPG
    IMG_6342.JPG
    607.3 KB · Views: 27
I am starting to wonder if my flying with ND filters is really worth it. I was using a ND8 filter that was passing the gimbal test consistently. The last time I went flying I started getting ready to take off and noticed that the camera got hung up and it wouldn't pass and was lucky I caught it before it got in the air as I didn't want to strain the gimbal motors. I am back to no ND filters and am quite satisfied with the videos and stills that I can take care of with post processing anyway. I think I might just bypass using the ND filters unless I really am convinced it is worth it to put on the sun glasses again. Could it be the they are too hyped up?

Reactions: WizDrone
I'm trying the @sandmarc ND/PL pack still figuring out when to use them and when not to, so far on my first flight to test the filters I notice there was one filter getting a spiral pattern on the footage, like a strobe effect. I then noticed after inspecting the filters that one was already damaged from the inside, really disappointed since I decided to get the more expensive ones from Sandmarc instead of the cheaper options. :( I hope they also have a lifetime warranty like @PolarPro

Hey! Can you contact us at [email protected]? Yes, our products do have lifetime warranty and this qualifies for a replacement since it is a defective unit. Cheers!

I chime in just to write on the outstanding quality of Polar Pro filters and customer service.

I had a small problem with mines (first versions didn't pass the gimbal calibration test), they're instantly shipping new ones throwing in a small cadeux for the inconvenience, and no issue on myself not shipping back the old ones (which i could easily sell), they trust me on destroying the old ones (which i'll do).

Great filters, great company.

I am looking at ND filters. Currently am looking at the skyreat polarizer series and the polar pro cinema series. Was curious what everyone's take on these are and if one set is better than the other. Would like to save the 20 bucks for something else if they are as good as the polar pro if not I'll spend the extra. Just curious if one is better glass, better polarizing effects, or fits better,easier to take off, etc, than the other

I would highly recommend the Polar Pro series, heres a good review of them- Flyby Media | London based drone operator I wouldn't go anywhere else to buy my filters now that I've tried a few.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61