DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters

Good filters are made by: Tiffen, B+W, Goya, Cokin, Schneider. Sometimes you can get a decently made Tokina or Vivitar, depending of what you want, but, if you go with those in the front - you would almost never get a dud.

Reactions: Keithtutor
Good filters are made by: Tiffen, B+W, Goya, Cokin, Schneider. Sometimes you can get a decently made Tokina or Vivitar, depending of what you want, but, if you go with those in the front - you would almost never get a dud.
If you go with those, you would also never get one that fits a Mavic camera.

Reactions: Photoman4

Tiffen is the only one on that list making drone filters, and in the photography world they are bottom of the barrel. I can't comment on their drone filters specifically as I have not used them, but I personally wouldn't buy Tiffen based on their reputation (and my experience) in the traditional photography realm. Admittedly I am extremely picky though. YMMV.

Polar Pro is the most well known name in drone filters, and then you have the 'secondary' brands like FStop, Skyreat, Neewer, PGYTech, etc. DJI makes their own too.

Reactions: mnis and DavidNDC
Spend the money and get Polar Pro filters. I’ve tried the cheaper brands and not been satisfied with any of them but Polar Pro.

Reactions: PolarPro_Brendan
I can add that the polar pro filters are top quality. They feel and look very well made and I really love the results from the few times I’ve used them.
Pz

I'm picky about the filters for my DSLR, and thats why I went with PolarPro Cinema Series set and I'm very happy with them. Just ordered the CPL only filter (with no ND) to use for photos.

Spend the money and get Polar Pro filters. I’ve tried the cheaper brands and not been satisfied with any of them but Polar Pro.

Polar Pro all the way. They even have a set of extreme long exposure ND filters for taking LE in bright sunlight.

Polar Pro are the best IMO.

Tiffen is the only one on that list making drone filters, and in the photography world they are bottom of the barrel. I can't comment on their drone filters specifically as I have not used them, but I personally wouldn't buy Tiffen based on their reputation (and my experience) in the traditional photography realm. Admittedly I am extremely picky though. YMMV.

Polar Pro is the most well known name in drone filters, and then you have the 'secondary' brands like FStop, Skyreat, Neewer, PGYTech, etc. DJI makes their own too.
DJI is probably selling PGYTech.

as any blank statements, this statement about Tiffen is incorrect. It has some fine glass filters in the appropriate price range, but, yes, in average it is not as good as B+W or other higher class brand. but, alas, high class brands ignore drones cameras as an insignificant segment. as anywhere, brand wars are pointless, so, if you like it - use polar pro or any other one, why not.

i like tiffen`s product i got, it is well made, came in a proper metal case, uses proper glass and so far i see no issues with the quality of the product. mounts easy and holds well. that is all i care about.

.....but, yes, in average it is not as good as B+W or other higher class brand

Well that is what I said, so it seems we agree....My only statement was about Tiffen for full sized cameras (as previously stated, my only experience with them), so I don't understand what you think is incorrect when your second sentence said essentially the same thing. It was not a "blank" statement, it was a statement rooted in years of experience with almost every filter you can think of, from $10 Amazon filters to grossly overpriced Singh Ray filters. My next statement was a personal opinion - if you have only had negative experiences with brand X, would you buy different products from brand X? That''s all I'm getting at.

I have every Cinema series PolarPro filter made for the Mavic 2 Pro as well as the Mavic Pro and they just work period. They also back their products with a great warranty and fabulous customer service.

For regular cameras I use B+W exclusively. The quality of their schneider glass filters are second to none imo.

i guess, what really matters is this chart, below.
it is quite surprising to see such a huge jump from nd8 to nd16 in color change, as i have B+W and cokin nd filters and they are perfectly neutral. can`t tell i like it much, what i see there, below...
1549049638447.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga