DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND/PL 32 or 64?

Moondawg

Reactions
I'm looking to buy only one filter for the time being. Should I get the 32 or 64?

That's tough to decide. What drone do you have and where do you live and what's your normal lighting conditions? I live in Southern California and I've got the 4, 8, 16, 32, 64. I don't use the 4 and 8 much. If I only had one, I'd go with the 32 for when it's really bright outside. Most anything else can be adjusted with the camera ISO and shutter speed settings. You may not get the ideal 1/60 of a second but it will still be great video. I also have the histogram on the screen so I can get the balance correct. Sometimes the view on the phone monitor won't be the same as the video recording.

If those are definitely the only two options, I would get the ND32 too since it would likely be needed more than an ND64.

I'm looking to buy only one filter for the time being. Should I get the 32 or 64?

If you primarily shoot mid-day the ND32 would be a good starting point.
If you are shooting primarily golden hours ND8 or ND16 (an ND32 will reduce too much light during golden hours)

Hope that helps!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Weazel and Squamer
32 it is then. I usually fly mid day, and its usually always sunny here with occasional clouds. (Mavic Platinum)

32 it is then. I usually fly mid day, and its usually always sunny here with occasional clouds. (Mavic Platinum)
Nice! Your next addition could be an ND8 for when you start shooting early morning or sunset when lighting really looks interesting :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Weazel

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka