DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND16-PL Filter

RkyMtnHigh

Reactions
Still a bit too windy to fly, but I was playing around with my ND16-PL filter. Here are 3 pics, one with no filter, second with the filter and the third with the filter rotated 90 degrees. No editing to them and I can definitely see a difference in the blue of the sky.

Attachments

• DJI_0038.JPG
    DJI_0038.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 39
  • DJI_0039.JPG
    DJI_0039.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 38
  • DJI_0040.JPG
    DJI_0040.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: Thomas B
Still a bit too windy to fly, but I was playing around with my ND16-PL filter. Here are 3 pics, one with no filter, second with the filter and the third with the filter rotated 90 degrees. No editing to them and I can definitely see a difference in the blue of the sky.
I flew My Mavic air two last night at the Alomo City dragstrip did great with the 16 filter In day light, forgot to take it off and it really blacked out the pictures you will see live in learn.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Yes, just a little extra color saturation on pic 2 and 3.
If you hold the lens up by hand before and rotate you could get that a lot darker (higher intensity) affect with the PL side of the lens, then fit that way . . . just for the test mind you, most times over intensifying makes a photo unviewable.
I'm surprised you missed that with 90 degrees, but it can come in at almost any angle of rotation.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
I flew My Mavic air two last night at the Alomo City dragstrip did great with the 16 filter In day light, forgot to take it off and it really blacked out the pictures you will see live in learn.
Oh I'm still climbing that steep learning curve slope and I can bet there will be a lot of those "live and learn" moments.

Yes, just a little extra color saturation on pic 2 and 3.
If you hold the lens up by hand before and rotate you could get that a lot darker (higher intensity) affect with the PL side of the lens, then fit that way . . . just for the test mind you, most times over intensifying makes a photo unviewable.
I'm surprised you missed that with 90 degrees, but it can come in at almost any angle of rotation.
Thanks for the info. I haven't used any of my filters yet just because the wind hasn't let up since I got them about 2 weeks ago. Someday when the wind lets up I'll be able to get out and play with them more.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair