DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NE of Detroit Mi.

Greg336

Reactions
Hi,

I'm a new owner of a Mavic. I would like to know if there is anyone in my area that could help me get my Mavic off of the ground and also if there is any places to fly in the winter time?

Greg

Reactions: Hauptmann
Im In Ann Arbor ,Fly mine at Gallup Park a lot for training how to use the Mavic, Few good areas here and There.

Im In Ann Arbor ,Fly mine at Gallup Park a lot for training how to use the Mavic, Few good areas here and There.

Hi, we are to far from each other, I'm way over on the east side in Mount Clemens Mi.

I know this is a old post but if you still need any help/advise i'm in Livonia so not too far from mt.clemens

I know this is a old post but if you still need any help/advise i'm in Livonia so not too far from mt.clemens
Hi, Thanks for responding, I will keep you in mind but I just did a google maps from Livonia to my address and we are almost 40 miles from each other.

Have a nice day,

Greg

Laughing, some guys ya just can't please these days.

Reactions: teebone
I’m in Pontiac. I don’t have a Mavic, but my brother does. I am currently flying a spark, and looking for a second drone better suited to making money (possibly the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual).

I grew up in Roseville, and lived in Clinton Twp for a few years, so I’m pretty familiar with your area.

Reviving an old post again. I'm a new drone flyer also living in Livonia. Just bought a M2P this week. Only been able to take it out a couple times due to rain. :(

I’m in Pontiac. I don’t have a Mavic, but my brother does. I am currently flying a spark, and looking for a second drone better suited to making money (possibly the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual).

I grew up in Roseville, and lived in Clinton Twp for a few years, so I’m pretty familiar with your area.
Joe,
I’m a relatively new drone pilot that lives in Waterford. Do you have any recommendations for places to fly a drone around our area?

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

I can't give you an answer because to date I still haven't flown my mavic because I'm kind of afraid to because I don't want to break a $1000 machine. Any suggestions?

Greg

Hi Joe,

I can't give you an answer because to date I still haven't flown my mavic because I'm kind of afraid to because I don't want to break a $1000 machine. Any suggestions?

Greg

So you bought a $1000 paper weight? also for roughly $60-$80 a year you can insure your drone through State Farm. If your concerned where to fly just download the "B4UFLY" app and it tells you everything as far as what air space your in and if there is any TFR's in your area. Good luck

So you bought a $1000 paper weight? also for roughly $60-$80 a year you can insure your drone through State Farm. If your concerned where to fly just download the "B4UFLY" app and it tells you everything as far as what air space your in and if there is any TFR's in your area. Good luck
I guess you could say for not I bought a $1500 paperweight. When you say I can insure my drone, what all will they cover? Are crashes covered? If yes how would I document it? Am I allowed to fly anywhere there aren't TRF's or just ama flight sites for the insurance to cover me like they do for rc flying?

Is there any chance of getting together with you and your brother to watch him fly his mavic pro?

Greg

I guess you could say for not I bought a $1500 paperweight. When you say I can insure my drone, what all will they cover? Are crashes covered? If yes how would I document it? Am I allowed to fly anywhere there aren't TRF's or just ama flight sites for the insurance to cover me like they do for rc flying?

Is there any chance of getting together with you and your brother to watch him fly his mavic pro?

Greg

you must be mistaking me for "Tkoglin". I've never made a claim so I can't say exactly how the process would go. My policy covers up to $1900 in damages. I work with State Farm in the Auto Claims world everyday, I would assume it would work similar. You probably would have to send the drone to a certified DJI repair facility and they would assess the damage as far as fixing or replacing the entire drone. They definitely will cover for crashes and or mistakes/oops.

I'm starting to think I should maybe start a class. I've had a few guys on the forum ask for help.

you must be mistaking me for "Tkoglin". I've never made a claim so I can't say exactly how the process would go. My policy covers up to $1900 in damages. I work with State Farm in the Auto Claims world everyday, I would assume it would work similar. You probably would have to send the drone to a certified DJI repair facility and they would assess the damage as far as fixing or replacing the entire drone. They definitely will cover for crashes and or mistakes/oops.

I'm starting to think I should maybe start a class. I've had a few guys on the forum ask for help.
Sounds like it could be a good idea.

Farmington Hills here, always down to meet up and fly.

I've bought a lot of crap stuff from Excel RC in Garden City if anyone might be familiar.
Owner is an interesting person. But they have weekly races and other cool stuff I never had a chance to check out.

Last edited:
Farmington Hills here, always down to meet up and fly.

I've bought a lot of crap from Excel RC in Garden City if anyone might be familiar.
Owner is an interesting person. But they have weekly races and other cool stuff I never had a chance to check out.
Hi,

I'm just curious, when you say you bought a load of crap, do you mean you bought junk from them?

Can you tell me about there weekly races? Are they indoors at the store or outdoors someplace? My problem is I'm way over here in the Mount Clemens area and it usually takes me an hour and a half to get to there store so I don't go very often.

Greg

Reactions: Kazzaaz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan