DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NE OHIO

In Lorain County.. would be sweet for some meet ups in the near future. Suffering serious "drone anxiety" (fear of $1,200 flying off never to be seen again.. [emoji848][emoji15]

YouTube can only do so much for a guy!

I'm Lorain county also - Elyria

Checking in from Hinckley home of the buzzards. Just have a few flights in so far and loving every second. Glad to see other Mavic owners in our area and yes it would be great to get together. At first there was information overload but I am getting comfortable with my Mavic and starting to get familiar with all of features. Need to get up to speed on camera settings and editing. Any suggestions on editing software?

I am On the Apple camp. I use Final Cut Pro. Other option is the Adobe counterpart Adobe Premier. I suspect they both do the same kind of basic editing. Obviously, there are others, but I think those are the two big ones.

I'm new as well. I'm in Tuscarawas county which is just South of Canton area. Trying to get others involved but no one around has a mavic that I know of. Would like to get together some weekend and share tips and tricks.
Where you at in Tusc county? I live in Carroll county, work in Akron.

New pilot from olmsted falls. I’m looking for ways to shoot the skyline or venture out over the lake. Edge water park would be great but I hear drones are not allowed in the metro parks. Any other ideas? Would to do a range test or just a few long flights.

Reactions: DJinCleveland
New pilot from olmsted falls. I’m looking for ways to shoot the skyline or venture out over the lake. Edge water park would be great but I hear drones are not allowed in the metro parks. Any other ideas? Would to do a range test or just a few long flights.
Lakewood Park? I know it’s not part of the metro parks but don’t know what the rules are there

New Mavic Pro owner from east suburbs here. Had my MP since early Dec, but haven't flown yet due to the weather. I posted this in the Ohio Fly In thread, but saw this thread today and figured I'd share the info here as well. Looking forward to some warmer weather in the next few weeks!

Hey guys,

Brand new Mavic owner here - purchased on Cyber Monday and haven't even had a chance to fly yet. I'm in the Cleveland area, East suburbs.

Anyway, I have heard it said that it's against park regulations to fly anywhere in the Cleveland Metroparks, so I investigated the park rules online, and found this interesting tidbit:

745.03 RESTRICTIONS.

(b) No person shall launch, land or operate, or cause to be launched, landed or operated, any UAS weighing less than 4.4lbs/2.2kg in any airspace within the Park District except in designated areas and must possess a current certificate of aircraft registration issued by the FAA for the UAS or is flying the UAS strictly for hobby or recreational use.
It states there are "designated areas" that are not off-limits, but I couldn't find anything online that refers to said areas, either on maps or in writing. So I emailed the "general info" contact to see if they could point them out for me.

Here's the response I received:

Hello,

Designated areas within the Park District are open fields, in the following locations except during those dates and times of scheduled events:

· The Polo Fields located in South Chagrin;
· The Top O’ Ledges in the Hinckley Reservation;
· Main Street Diamond located in Mill Stream Run Reservation;
· The fairways of all Cleveland Metroparks golf courses, except Sleepy Hollow or Manakiki, from November 1st through March 15th when the golf course is not open for golf:
o (1) The operator of the UAS shall not be permitted on the greens or tees at any time.
o (2) The operator shall not interfere with any non-golf activity that may be occurring on the golf course (e.g., snowshoeing, cross country skiing, etc.)​
Even in designated areas, all operators, whether recreational and commercial, must learn and comply with all FAA regulations. It is not Cleveland Metroparks’ responsibility to inform, train or educate the public about the FAA regulations.

Just thought I'd pass this info along to you locals, in case you had any interest in flying in these areas. Obviously some are near airports, so be sure to follow the rules. :)

Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can take my Mavic out for her maiden voyage!

Paul

Thanks for doing the research and posting your findings. Nice to know. At least there are some options within the Metroparks system.

Reactions: paulmike3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky