DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

near miss bird strike

Stephen417

Reactions
While flying at around 20mph, I had a close call with some pigeons few days ago. I was able to get a snap shot of them.

Attachments

• Near bird strike.jpg
    Near bird strike.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 148
That's a pretty ginormous factory - car manufacturing?
Yes, Its the Toyota Manufacturing Plant in Georgetown Kentucky. They are in the process of expanding even more. 3.5 billion dollar expansion. They make Camrys, Avalons and Lexus.

Yes, Its the Toyota Manufacturing Plant in Georgetown Kentucky. They are in the process of expanding even more. 3.5 billion dollar expansion. They make Camrys, Avalons and Lexus.
I've heard it's an impressive operation there - sure looks impressive! And another $3.5 bil is not a sweep-and-paint job.

Back on topic - nice pigeon shot.

Last edited:
When a group of pigeons see something coming at them they probably say duck! Do you recon if a group of ducks see something coming at them they say pigeon! [emoji23]

I have had many occasions where flights of pigeons have taken an interest in my Mavic Pro. There are a few flashes in my videos as the pass by. The seem to be interested and just wing past me in formation. Got an obstacle message recently when they got close as I was tracking across country.

However I have also had sea gulls take an interest. A whole different game. They act far more aggressively and I am told can attack. The drone may not be seriously damaged. I wonder if it could lose stability and crash? Maybe a chip out of a prop could also cause a loss in stability.

Then we have magpies here. they attack livestock, people and cyclists so a drone would be a target at nesting time.

fa6c089e8b0fbdf082b68c570094da3e.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK