DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nearly lost my MA due to a quickly dying battery

Also to reiterate, max speed such as is possible in sport mode is not the most efficient.
Usually 20mph is around the most efficient.

If this is so then I feel that I did nothing to prematurely age my batteries and that 6 months is far too soon to see total failure.

I bought the “fly more” combo that had three batteries with it, and within five months I’ve had two of the three completely die. I’m starting to wonder if they weren’t sitting around in a hot warehouse getting damaged by heat, but the one battery installed used the drone as a heat sink because that one works fine. They’ve already replaced one since it was under the six months of their warranty and I’m still waiting on the other one to be sent back. Not gonna buy a fly more combo again.

I bought the “fly more” combo that had three batteries with it, and within five months I’ve had two of the three completely die. I’m starting to wonder if they weren’t sitting around in a hot warehouse getting damaged by heat, but the one battery installed used the drone as a heat sink because that one works fine. They’ve already replaced one since it was under the six months of their warranty and I’m still waiting on the other one to be sent back. Not gonna buy a fly more combo again.
Mine was just under 6 months. It’s worth trying for a refund.

I highly recommend AirData for monitoring the health of your batteries. You’ll be able to tell when a single cell is going bad before it becomes a catastrophic problem. Check it out at www.airdata.com. It’s free.

I alway end a waypoint mission by switching to S (Sport) and back to P.

Bear in mind that shooting video is a tremendous drain on battery life. Probably more so than flying in sport mode.
Completely wrong. Recording or not has barely any impact at all on power consumption.

I attempted to attach the CSV file for this flight to this post, but the tool says that "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." Am I uploading this incorrectly?
Zip it and post that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA