DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a 3' cable from the controller to an android s10+ installed in a VR headset. Any thoughts?

Kind of a vague question Andrew. Can you be more specific as to how you will use it? Which drone and controller do you have and which software are you planning to run for VR?

I've just started messing with VR with a M2P, iphone XR (or alternatvely 6sPlus) powered by Litchi. I simply take a standard lightning cable, plug one end into my phone and the large USB male into the large USB connector on the base of the M2 controller and fire up Litchi in VR mode. I assume that your s10 takes a micro USB, so all you need it one that has the micro USB on one end and whatever port on the other end. Alternately I could have gone with a Micro AB→lightning cable to plug it into the controller's side port, but there was no point in that as I can just use standard iPhone charging cables.

Thanks for your reply. I have the Mavic Air 2 drone. What I want to do is add a VR headset which I load my S10 plus cell phone into. I am wondering if all I need is just a 2' cable USB C to USB C . Then using the lychee app under the vr settings . And then fly. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your reply. I have the Mavic Air 2 drone. What I want to do is add a VR headset which I load my S10 plus cell phone into. I am wondering if all I need is just a 2' cable USB C to USB C . Then using the lychee app under the vr settings . And then fly. Thanks for your input.
Yes this should work... any USB C to USB cable with enough length coupled with a VR Headset will allow FPV flight. I would go with a longer cable than 2 foot to allow for more movement.... I think you would find yourself accidentally ripping the headset of with a short cord. Litchi for MA2 is still in beta but can be done.

If you want a great FPV app, buy DroneVR.... it works great and the interface is designed to make it easy to fly your Air 2 without having to remove the googles to change settings.

Several years ago, I did exactly what you are doing with a much earlier DJI Drone (Phantom 4). I got a VR headset that I put my phone into, and I used the Litchi VR function, and then I flew. I must warn you though, I soon grew out of that, and I ended up buying a pair of the DJI Goggles RE edition which connect to my Mavic 2 Pro. Mainly, I let family and friends wear them while I use the controller and 'take them on a flight', and they are a big hit. Enjoy!

Several years ago, I did exactly what you are doing with a much earlier DJI Drone (Phantom 4). I got a VR headset that I put my phone into, and I used the Litchi VR function, and then I flew. I must warn you though, I soon grew out of that, and I ended up buying a pair of the DJI Goggles RE edition which connect to my Mavic 2 Pro. Mainly, I let family and friends wear them while I use the controller and 'take them on a flight', and they are a big hit. Enjoy!
Great thoughts . Thank you and yes the wife thanks you as she LOVES to fly and wearing those googles gets her more involved with this hobby. What would be the best current googles to look into?

Yes this should work... any USB C to USB cable with enough length coupled with a VR Headset will allow FPV flight. I would go with a longer cable than 2 foot to allow for more movement.... I think you would find yourself accidentally ripping the headset of with a short cord. Litchi for MA2 is still in beta but can be done.

If you want a great FPV app, buy DroneVR
.... it works great and the interface is designed to make it easy to fly your Air 2 without having to remove the googles to change settings.
I wasn't aware that Litchi was now in beta for MA2. I get regular updates from them but haven't heard that. That would be good news. The last thing I heard from them is the SDK for the Mini 2 would be available in Q2.

I hadn't heard of Dronve VR. Sounds interesting.

@andrew reeves What are you currently flying that you can uses with your goggles?

If you want a great FPV app, buy DroneVR.... it works great and the interface is designed to make it easy to fly your Air 2 without having to remove the googles to change settings.
what Vr headset do you recommend for the larger cell phones. mine is the S10 plus. thanks

I wasn't aware that Litchi was now in beta for MA2. I get regular updates from them but haven't heard that. That would be good news. The last thing I heard from them is the SDK for the Mini 2 would be available in Q2.

I hadn't heard of Dronve VR. Sounds interesting.

@andrew reeves What are you currently flying that you can uses with your goggles?
MA2 is in beta for android but not for IOS at this time.

what Vr headset do you recommend for the larger cell phones. mine is the S10 plus. thanks
I just have a cheap headset I purchased off of Ebay. It advertises a 120 degree field of view and it cost me about $10

Many of the VR flight apps like the Homido 2 headset which retails for $60.

DroneVR offers a fighter pilot type HUD and head tracking, plus easy to use menus while wearing your goggles. It is compatible with the MA2 plus most of DJI's offerings excepting the Mini 2 which doesn't yet have a SDK.

Just curious. What if you used this guys,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
i

idea but with the valve index headset. Which I have not in use. Hum!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter