DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help Customer Service

Dr Obbins

Reactions
So I got excited and bought a Mavic Mini package on 6/25 on their website. It was a Friday night being as I work night shift. Shortly after I realized I wanted the Air2 and used the on line "Cancel Order". I don't understand why there is not an 800 customer service number. This would have saved a lot of headache.

On the next Monday I still had not received any email stating that the order was cancelled, so I used their online chat feature. I explained that I wanted to cancel the Mini and upgrade to the Air 2. She said that She could cancel the Mini and I would just have to make another order for the Air2. I said OK and asked how long it usually takes to ship, and she could not give an answer. I wanted it for an event in a week and knew with the covid stuff there are a lot of delays with all companies. So I told her just to cancel the order because Amazon could ship right away.

I believed the order was cancelled until Tuesday I get an email stating that the Mini has shipped. I got back on the chat and told them to recall the shipment. She instructed me just not to accept the shipment. I explained that I sleep all day and can't hang out waiting for FedEx. She stated that they wold not leave it with out a signature.

I was heading out of town for a week and figured a 50-50% chance that FedEx would leave the package and there are porch pirates around here. I stopped all FedEx deliveries for that week. Well after that week, they delivered it with out a signature and I couldn't refuse the shipment. Online again DJI service said that I have to return it. I explained that it is a DJI mistake and DJI should pay the return shipping. After a few go-rounds, She said that return label will be emailed 24-48 hours.

Back on chat tonight to see where my label is, I am now informed that the only way they will authorize a return is if I pay for the shipping. After arguing a few minutes, I gave up and said I would pay the return freight. Now I am again waiting 24-48 hours for an email.

Now once I get the email and ship it back, I understand that it will be another 14 days minimum before the $$ is returned. If I get the email. Seems I get a different story each time I chat with someone over there.

Needless to say, I am not happy. They took my $593 in a matter of seconds and it will be over a month before they return it (if it goes well). I have no faith in their system or what they have told me. They change their story each time I talk to them. I get the impression that these "chat" folks are contracted out and have "canned answers". They don't seem to know anything. Is there an 800 number where I can actuall speak with a live person who can help?

So I got excited and bought a Mavic Mini package on 6/25 on their website. It was a Friday night being as I work night shift. Shortly after I realized I wanted the Air2 and used the on line "Cancel Order". I don't understand why there is not an 800 customer service number. This would have saved a lot of headache.

On the next Monday I still had not received any email stating that the order was cancelled, so I used their online chat feature. I explained that I wanted to cancel the Mini and upgrade to the Air 2. She said that She could cancel the Mini and I would just have to make another order for the Air2. I said OK and asked how long it usually takes to ship, and she could not give an answer. I wanted it for an event in a week and knew with the covid stuff there are a lot of delays with all companies. So I told her just to cancel the order because Amazon could ship right away.

I believed the order was cancelled until Tuesday I get an email stating that the Mini has shipped. I got back on the chat and told them to recall the shipment. She instructed me just not to accept the shipment. I explained that I sleep all day and can't hang out waiting for FedEx. She stated that they wold not leave it with out a signature.

I was heading out of town for a week and figured a 50-50% chance that FedEx would leave the package and there are porch pirates around here. I stopped all FedEx deliveries for that week. Well after that week, they delivered it with out a signature and I couldn't refuse the shipment. Online again DJI service said that I have to return it. I explained that it is a DJI mistake and DJI should pay the return shipping. After a few go-rounds, She said that return label will be emailed 24-48 hours.

Back on chat tonight to see where my label is, I am now informed that the only way they will authorize a return is if I pay for the shipping. After arguing a few minutes, I gave up and said I would pay the return freight. Now I am again waiting 24-48 hours for an email.

Now once I get the email and ship it back, I understand that it will be another 14 days minimum before the $$ is returned. If I get the email. Seems I get a different story each time I chat with someone over there.

Needless to say, I am not happy. They took my $593 in a matter of seconds and it will be over a month before they return it (if it goes well). I have no faith in their system or what they have told me. They change their story each time I talk to them. I get the impression that these "chat" folks are contracted out and have "canned answers". They don't seem to know anything. Is there an 800 number where I can actuall speak with a live person who can help?
Sorry to hear that. Been there. You can call Dji as the chat thing are kinda waste of time. Just give yourself 15 to 30 minutes of yours for waiting time.
+1 (818) 235-0789 dji customers service

After everything I'd read about ordering direct from DJI, I decided to order via Adorama instead (I already have a VIP membership).

And reading more stories like this, I'm glad I did that.

I would also call your credit card company, if you haven't done so, and contest the charge right away. Explain to them the situation. I have always had good luck with my cc companies in a situation like this

I would also call your credit card company, if you haven't done so, and contest the charge right away. Explain to them the situation. I have always had good luck with my cc companies in a situation like this
Yea, I tried this, but they will not block the sale as long as I have the unit.

The number you provided is for tech support. They do not have a customer support number. However I explained the situation to the tech support guy and he was very helpful. After 1.5 hours on the phone with him while using the online chat and he was on the phone behind the scenes with someone at customer support, I finally have a case number and the return authorization should be on the way in a day or two. Thanks for the phone number.

The number you provided is for tech support. They do not have a customer support number. However I explained the situation to the tech support guy and he was very helpful. After 1.5 hours on the phone with him while using the online chat and he was on the phone behind the scenes with someone at customer support, I finally have a case number and the return authorization should be on the way in a day or two. Thanks for the phone number.
Glad to hear that. ?⚽️?

Yeah. Word to the wise. Whenever you have a problem with DJI. NEVER use the chat room. You will just be spinning your wheels. As you now know. We are not experts. Don’t let anyone fool ya. We learned the hard way. Like yourself.

The OP's issue reminds me why I chose over the years to buy from a local DJI dealer.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007