DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help: MA2 bottom sensor not beeping and flying slower

sbridges1980

Reactions
This is what is happening. I flew my drone 5-21-21 and everything was normal; no accidents or crashes. My next flight was 5-25-21 and noticed that the bottom sensors didn't beep (normal mode) when taking off. Once in the air it was flying slower close to the ground, even when I had it at full throttle (normally, it would fly with the front tilted 25 degrees, but now it flies tilted to 5 degrees). I noticed I had a new update for the Fly app and did the update after my flight on the 25th, no change. I sometimes land my drone on my hand, but have been using the grab and pull method with my hand for the past month (I've only had the drone since early April), not sure if this has been the culprit. Something is definite off. I've already calibrated the IMU and gimbal, no change. I did reset my Smart Controller two weeks before this was happening to clear data; not sure if that was causing the problem either. Not sure what else to do... Any advise??

Reactions: Thomas B
Some one will be along soon with help.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Since I don't have a smart controller i don't know if this would help but with the standard controller I've noticed that if I launch right after turning on the drone without allowing it to 'settle in' for about a minute I too will be limited to roughly 5mph until I manually switch from one mode to another or I gain altitude above roughly 20 feet. Whether I'm in sport, normal or tripod it will fly at less than tripod speed until I switch to something else. If I wait 30 seconds to a minute for it to do all of its checks/ handshakes and give me a full 2 thumbs up I can fly at whatever preset speed the mode switch is on. Honestly I've never noticed the beeping aspect you mentioned though.

Since I don't have a smart controller i don't know if this would help but with the standard controller I've noticed that if I launch right after turning on the drone without allowing it to 'settle in' for about a minute I too will be limited to roughly 5mph until I manually switch from one mode to another or I gain altitude above roughly 20 feet. Whether I'm in sport, normal or tripod it will fly at less than tripod speed until I switch to something else. If I wait 30 seconds to a minute for it to do all of its checks/ handshakes and give me a full 2 thumbs up I can fly at whatever preset speed the mode switch is on. Honestly I've never noticed the beeping aspect you mentioned though.
That's helpful, thank you I'll try that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98