DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help On This TAF Report

Vinz

Reactions
I was checking the VFR sectional map of my local airport, and saw this TAF report. (See image)
I don't understand the remarks, but my real question concerns all the "From" lines...
At the end of each from line, this code appears: WS020/20045KT.

I checked my study guides, but couldn't find anything like this code. My best guess is Wind Shear at 2000 ft.; from the SSW; at 45 knots. But it's just a guess.
I'm sure somebody here knows what this is.
Thanks!
KABE-TAF.jpg

I was checking the VFR sectional map of my local airport, and saw this TAF report. (See image)
I don't understand the remarks, but my real question concerns all the "From" lines...
At the end of each from line, this code appears: WS020/20045KT.

I checked my study guides, but couldn't find anything like this code. My best guess is Wind Shear at 2000 ft.; from the SSW; at 45 knots. But it's just a guess.
I'm sure somebody here knows what this is.
Thanks!
View attachment 60280
Your guess is correct. Here is an explanation from the NWS Aviation Weather Center on reading a TAF, and includes a sample of a wind shear code near the bottom.
AWC - TAF Decoder

Your guess is correct. Here is an explanation from the NWS Aviation Weather Center on reading a TAF, and includes a sample of a wind shear code near the bottom.
AWC - TAF Decoder
Thanks, Kadras!
I waited several hours before posting this to see if I could figure it out myself. Lucky guess!
Actually, the latest reports call for ground gusts in excess of 40 KT as well.
Thanks for the link, it is helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos