DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help Picking Correct ND Filters

Just read the whole post and watched the video. Went right to Amazon and bought the Vivid series and looking forward to some of my own comparisons! (after a few months of thinking about it)

In the video you were using a Phantom and it looked like you were adjusting the polarity or just screwing the filter on? I apologize if I missed the statement in the video - I had the closed captions on. (my students were testing and I was taking a 3-minute grading break). With that, do you need to turn the filter at all to adjust polarity for shooting? I am thinking when shooting anything (building with many windows, cars, etc.) that also have polarized glass do you ever take that into account? I haven't done much so far, but I assume this is something that comes up?

Awesome thanks for supporting our brand!
Here is the video on how to adjust / find the max polarization angle:
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Wrinkle249
Awesome thanks for supporting our brand!
Here is the video on how to adjust / find the max polarization angle:
-Jeff from PolarPro

OK - A few days later, bought and had the filters delivered on Sunday. Made a quick Litchi mission to compare the ND4/8/16-PL. You can read more about all of that if you want to under the YouTube video. Nothing special but I had a question for Jeff from PolarPro -

I first installed the ND4/PL onto the Mavic Pro while it was still on, launched, and started the mission. Right when I started the gimbal went a little nuts and Litchi restarted the recording every 7 seconds while the gimbal seemed to reset itself. Freaked me out a little, but worse than the gimbal moving was every time it did the Mavic turned about 10 degrees to the left - Yaw - so if I was moving forward it turned every few seconds to the left. Is that normal? I didn't see anywhere in the video that you had to restart the drone once you installed the PolarPro filter to reset the gimbal - but that is what fixed it. So for the next 2 I just turned it off, added the filter then restarted; all was good.

"

I was searching on Amazon for "Polarpro polarized mavic pro". Nada. Nothing. You can't get Polarpro polarized filters on Amazon - for anything. Lots of options for SANDMARC pop up though. And Neewer, Jinger, DJI, HDStars, and others.

Oh wait, the entire world uses the term polarized except for... Polarpro who uses Vivid. Seriously? Who does your marketing? Replace 'polarized' with 'vivid' and then some things pop up but nothing for the MP or MPP. Nada. Nothing.

But wait, there's more (RIP Billy Mays). Click on https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Filter...7351&sr=8-2&keywords=polarpro+vivid+mavic+pro for the Mavic (not MP or MPP) and the description says MP and MPP. So, do these work w/ the Mavic or Mavic Pro/Plat?

I wonder how many people wanted Polarpro products but couldn't find them because of inept marketing and so purchased Neewer, DJI, or something instead? I hope your product is better than your marketing.

WOW just WOW... Someone needs to learn how to search and learn about the MP/MPP... and whats with the amazon fetish? Why would you not type in "Polar Pro" to a google search.. then all you have to do is->products-> DJI Mavic pro/platinum. It actually can't be any easier. You also would have figured out the filters fit both the MP and MPP but oh wait AMAZON!!!!!!!! ... Hopefully you are never flying around me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard