DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help Saving Wayppoints to new device

EyeFlyDrones

Reactions
This is my first post, so be gentle. I am in a high growth area and I use my Mavic 2 Pro to provide monthly construction progress photos of non-residential projects. I use the Waypoints feature to ensure that the photos are always taken at the same elevation and angle from month to month. I use DJI GO4 and my iphone 8 as my device. My iphone is dying and I need to upgrade to a newer iphone. I know that the waypoints are stored on the iphone, so how do I get the waypoints tranferred to a new phone. My entire business model is based on duplicating the exact shot from to month and I have hundreds of waypoints. Please help

This is my first post, so be gentle. I am in a high growth area and I use my Mavic 2 Pro to provide monthly construction progress photos of non-residential projects. I use the Waypoints feature to ensure that the photos are always taken at the same elevation and angle from month to month. I use DJI GO4 and my iphone 8 as my device. My iphone is dying and I need to upgrade to a newer iphone. I know that the waypoints are stored on the iphone, so how do I get the waypoints tranferred to a new phone. My entire business model is based on duplicating the exact shot from to month and I have hundreds of waypoints. Please help

At this time , even though you can copy the file there is no way to implement that transfer, this is why the GS Pro and Litchi have an advantage but GS pro only works with the Ipad. . Let see if anyone else confirms.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Float on Water

I have been using Waypoints 2 for the past several weeks, trying to practice with the set up. As you probably know, one of the best things for me about this waypoints 2 for my Mavic 2 Pro is that I can Pre-program my flight the day before at my desk and store it in my iPad. I can use the same plan over and over again. I use the iPad for flying, and rarely use my iPhone XI pro Max for flying unless I forget to bring the iPad. It provides me with a larger image. See attached. The first image attached has a red arrow which will bring up your stored flights. All you have to do is LOAD that flight (see my 2nd image-right upper ) to start the flight agent. Very simple!
Way points 2-map.jpgway points-load.jpg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That's not OP's question though. He knows how to use it but his question is how to move the stored missions to another device.

I recently and finally messed with waypoints 2.0 on my M2Z and it's lacking on the most basic stuff such as labeling missions, and export/import so you can move them to another device.
It would also be nice to program missions in flight as some tight situations may be hard to program safely offline so as to avoid obstacles. That's how you had to do it in the original waypoints.

There's also a bug in it. When choosing what waypoints to associate with a POI, the selection for all is in Chinese.

That's not OP's question though. He knows how to use it but his question is how to move the stored missions to another device.

I recently and finally messed with waypoints 2.0 on my M2Z and it's lacking on the most basic stuff such as labeling missions, and export/import so you can move them to another device.
It would also be nice to program missions in flight as some tight situations may be hard to program safely offline so as to avoid obstacles. That's how you had to do it in the original waypoints.
I do not know how to move a mission, or if it even possible. But it is so easy to just tap in a few mission for a new mission that it would be a lot more trouble. for me moving a stored mission. I really agree with you that the mechanics of labeling a mission are limited.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54