DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help with Gimbal and DJI Fly App

TexasStar15

Reactions
I want to shoot some video of a house at like 100-175 feet. I'm trying to plan the mission in DJI Fly and have a question about the planning. I've planned the route and entered a POI for the camera to be pointing at but not sure what the gimbal tilt should be set at. I've got the POI at 0 feet which is low as it will go. Any suggestions or help with this would be appreciated. By the way I'm flying a DJI Air 3 if that helps. Thanks guys and happy flying!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I have not used the DJI Fly app for mission planning but in Litchi a gimble tilt of -12 will show the horizon in the background. A gimble tilt of -45 will show more of the POI alone. You may need to play with this until you get the image in the frame you're looking for.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I have not used the DJI Fly app for mission planning but in Litchi a gimble tilt of -12 will show the horizon in the background. A gimble tilt of -45 will show more of the POI alone. You may need to play with this until you get the image in the frame you're looking for.
Thanks for the welcome GFields! I wish I could use Litchi but the DJI Air 3 doesn't support it yet. That's what I always used with my Phantom 4K. You mentioned -45 and that's why I asked the question I did. DJI Fly only goes to 0. Thanks for you help!

Go out with the drone and find another similar subject to test your shot. Without actually seeing where you're flying and what you're looking at it's pretty difficult to give specifics - so try it yourself and note what gimbal angle works best for the distance and altitude you plan to fly at. Capture at the highest available resolution and frame a little wider than you need to give yourself a margin of error that leaves some room to crop the shot to get it just right.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N