DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need to learn about waypoints

TheGroove, are the limitations that concern you applicable to the Air2S also?
I have never owned that specific model but it appears to have a SDK and third party apps like Litchi (which has more comprehensive waypoint) will work with it. But I'll let some of those who have worked with it speak up as well.

Reactions: Dbez1
That not completely true. The version of Litchi that has been around for quite a while will work the any drones that are based on DJI's MSDKv4 which does include the Air 2S, Mini, Mini 2 and Mini SE.

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad to know Litchi can be used with these drones. Now that you mention it, I do remember trying Litchi with my A2S and finding it unusable.

The Virtual Stick criticism stands. My experiences with trying to do a good POI orbit via Virtual Stick vs. on-board is so bad to me it's unusable.

I could never get an orbit where the subject stayed centered VS.

I passed my 107 about 1.5 years ago and have done some Real Estate work but want to take it to the next level. The obvious step is to learn to do waypoints on my Air2S. I am aware that it may involve a secondary control app but there’s no one around here that I can learn from. In my internet search for “how to’s”, they are either too superficial or too fast paced. How did some of you learn waypoints and do you have recommendations for helpful uTube videos etc? Thanks in advance.
I was watching a YouTube video of making waypoint missions with dronelink, but I can't find it now. Maybe later.

I passed my 107 about 1.5 years ago and have done some Real Estate work but want to take it to the next level. The obvious step is to learn to do waypoints on my Air2S. I am aware that it may involve a secondary control app but there’s no one around here that I can learn from. In my internet search for “how to’s”, they are either too superficial or too fast paced. How did some of you learn waypoints and do you have recommendations for helpful uTube videos etc? Thanks in advance.
Does the air2s have DJI waypoints on fly that work? Those are easy.

I found it. This is a great video to start with.

I'm watching the dronelink mission editor videos, and dronelink waypoint missions seem to have a lot more functionality, than the relatively primitive DJI waypoint missions. But because of the increased functionality, it will take longer to learn how to use all the feature. One thing I heard them say they have, is terrain follow. That's just what I want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne