DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Your Opinion And Advice

IMHO, the situations folks have trouble with using Android are related to device manufacturers charging code for their device since Android is open source. There are posted lists of and user REC’s on same here in the forum.
iOS is closed source as Apple wants it’s OS to work... and so iOS won’t let you DL to an incompatible iOS device.

Reactions: BillyBlast01
I an a Androus user all the way but use an ipad to fly with. I find it very easy to use and the imovie edits well.
Hey Scooped I have always had an android phone. I do have an original ipad generation 1 but all my laptops are windows. My new HP is windows 10. I have noticed in my research IPads are talked about the most. I have seen though a descent number that are using specific Android Tablets. There is an RC air strip close by. Well it's about 10 miles from my brothers house. They may have some drone pilots that fly there so I need to drive over and get the number off the sign and give them a call. If they do maybe I can check and see what they use for a monitor and see first hand. Anyway I need to make a phone call. Thanks for the info.

IMHO, the situations folks have trouble with using Android are related to device manufacturers charging code for their device since Android is open source. There are posted lists of and user REC’s on same here in the forum.
iOS is closed source as Apple wants it’s OS to work... and so iOS won’t let you DL to an incompatible iOS device.
Thomas B that is something I did not know thanks. I have looked at the list here and I have looked up numerous lists online. I am constantly looking at many different options. Today I plan on making a list to see which tablets are in the lead. Thanks for your response and EVERYONE PLEASE STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE.

Hi Pro Pilot,
I am an android user and lover, love the control of the file system and thoughtful and logical system.
Whe I got my first Pro, I owned an LG 9" tablet, the system could not keep up.
Then through Verizon got a new Samsung, all I got was pixilation of the signal, I returned it immediately. Then went to Costco and purchase the best Samsung tablet, still problems, back to using my Note 8. BTW, have always hated Apple products.
Then after reading that DJI operating system was written for Apple, I got a Verizon 10" I pad and have never gone back. I now use a 10" I Pad Pro, 256 gig.
It works seamlessly.
Good luck, just my thoughts.

Hi Pro Pilot,
I am an android user and lover, love the control of the file system and thoughtful and logical system.
Whe I got my first Pro, I owned an LG 9" tablet, the system could not keep up.
Then through Verizon got a new Samsung, all I got was pixilation of the signal, I returned it immediately. Then went to Costco and purchase the best Samsung tablet, still problems, back to using my Note 8. BTW, have always hated Apple products.
Then after reading that DJI operating system was written for Apple, I got a Verizon 10" I pad and have never gone back. I now use a 10" I Pad Pro, 256 gig.
It works seamlessly.
Good luck, just my thoughts.
Hey Sierraoaks it's kind of funny that you said IPad Pro. I am looking at this one and I am very interested in it. iPad Pro 10.5-Inch 2nd Gen (June 2017) 64GB - Space Gray - (Wi-Fi) thanks for your response

Reactions: Sierraoaks
Good one to look at. I’m going bigger with my next one this year. Though harder to have around ny neck most of my flying now is like this .
56D3B1C8-A9FF-4549-99AC-A43535ADAE98.jpeg

Good one to look at. I’m going bigger with my next one this year. Though harder to have around ny neck most of my flying now is like this .
View attachment 98146
I have the aluminum phone and tablet holder for my remote. It came in yesterday. It came with a lanyard to go around my neck. I like it. I think it will work for my needs.

Reactions: dirkclod
FoxhallGH that is on my mind. There are pros and cons in both OS. I'm just looking for opinions from others on both systems to help me in my decision. I'm just trying to be smart with my decision. Being on disability I have to make the right decision on my purchase because I can't make multiple tablet purchases.
I agree with making the decision based on what you are used to. Android or IOS, Just make sure that you have a good data cable and I recommend a sun visor and tablet mount. You will be happy with either one you choose especially if you are already comfortable with the operating system. I know being on disability can be very tough, so If you need a sun visor or tablet mount please let me know, as I would be happy to send one or both to you! God Bless.

I agree with making the decision based on what you are used to. Android or IOS, Just make sure that you have a good data cable and I recommend a sun visor and tablet mount. You will be happy with either one you choose especially if you are already comfortable with the operating system. I know being on disability can be very tough, so If you need a sun visor or tablet mount please let me know, as I would be happy to send one or both to you! God Bless.
Hey Chewbacca I have a tablet mount that came in already. As for a good lighting cable I will have to order that when I order my new tablet. Here is pics I took by screenshot on my phone of the tablet mount. It seems to be very sturdy.Screenshot_20200407-182629.jpgScreenshot_20200407-182651.jpgScreenshot_20200407-182640.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
I have decided to get the iPad Pro 10.5-Inch 2nd Gen (June 2017) 64GB - Space Gray - (Wi-Fi) I think it will do what I need and then some. I need to find a good cable now that I can use to connect it to the remote. Now I can get it in 256 and 512 GB but with more memory comes a bigger price. I should be able to get it I just need to know where I can get a good lightning cable.

Good afternoon everyone. I will cross post this in other groups I'm in. As some of you already know I bought a new phone last week. I changed from Straight Talk prepaid to T-Mobile. I got the new One Plus T7. Unlimited data, talk and text and 3 GB hotspot. I got that so I can go with a Wi-Fi only tablet. The hotspot is incase I'm out flying and I decide to go somewhere that I have not cached a map for that area. I can use the hotspot save the map on the tablet and keep flying without going home. Now the new phone for those that don't know it is an android. So now I need to decide which tablet to get. It will need to be WiFi only but do I go android or IOS? I found a new article on which tablets for 2020. The #1 is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T858 10.1 Inch Tablet and it is the number one on the android list even though it is an older model. So let me say this in your opinion which tablet do you think is the best? I can't spend a ton of money for one but I can buy one as soon as the stimulus check goes in my account. I do like the bigger screen. So do I choose an IPad or an Android tablet? This is for recreational fun with my Mavic Pro Platinum. Thanks
Go with the Android tablet device if it boils down to cost, unless you can do other things with your iPad, I use an ACER 10 inch android wifi only device with my drone, I like the big screen format too.

Go with the Android tablet device if it boils down to cost, unless you can do other things with your iPad, I use an ACER 10 inch android wifi only device with my drone, I like the big screen format too.
Hey NashPhoto thanks for the response. I don't have time to talk this morning I have an appointment at the DAV. I will get back to you this evening.

So is it true that DJI seems to hate Samsung?
I have a new Tab A-2019. It will not work at all on the center USB plug....I have tried all the starting tricks and 3 USB cables...including a known good one.
Nuthin.... except slow charging of the tab.
I wiggle in the short side plug and it seems to be fine....although a don't have enough arms to hold the tab and controller separately and fly the drone to see if it actually works.
I had the exact same problem with an older Tab E.
I really don't want to go to Apple to fix this.

So is it true that DJI seems to hate Samsung?
I have a new Tab A-2019. It will not work at all on the center USB plug....I have tried all the starting tricks and 3 USB cables...including a known good one.
Nuthin.... except slow charging of the tab.
I wiggle in the short side plug and it seems to be fine....although a don't have enough arms to hold the tab and controller separately and fly the drone to see if it actually works.
I had the exact same problem with an older Tab E.
I really don't want to go to Apple to fix this.

You probably already know but just Incase if your trying to use the full-size usb (type A) port on center of controller then you must make sure to completely remove the small wire from the side port. Otherwise the middle port is disabled when. This wire is still connected even if only on one end.

For flying the drone around in the broad daylight, the ipad does well on the battery, but for everything else, it's android.

Its the only apple product I own, and I only use it to fly the drone. Can't believe the difference in how well it works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123