DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neewer 4 piece filter for mavic nd4 nd8 nd16 nd32 review

@naturecannon, I just ordered the Neewer 5-piece set...should be here tomorrow and will check them out. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it was just a bad batch. Good luck.

I recieved my sandmac filters last week and it's a night and difference with fitting. Sandmarcs slide on gimbal smooth as butter and seat correctly even when comparing to the few neewers I had that did fit. No fiddling to make sure they are correctly.

I guess with most things, you get what ya pay for.

Reactions: coop64
Just got my set of neewer, I agree, it is hard to put them on. I can’t tell if they are securely sitting. I can hardly make them cover the golden ring around Mavic camera. Also the felt seal is pushing inward like the picture posted by naturecannon, after just two uses on two different filters.

I had a set of these and returned them after one day. None of the filters would seat right, and that would cause gimbal calibration to fail every time

Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter Includes: ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 Filter, Made of Multi Coated Waterproof Aluminum Alloy Frame Optical Glass (MC-16)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYL8RW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty impressed so far with it. Only used the ND4 at sunset but got clear crisp video and pictures. Only thing is that my video transmission lagged but not sure if that is phone related or filter related. Anyone else had video transmission lag with filters. I think it's not worth spending more than what you need for the neewer filters at $34.99 for the 4 piece. As you can see it works directly at the sunset and over water too. Will put up photos and videos with the N8 , N16, ND32 in the required conditions cloudy, partially sunny, and very sunny. I took HDR photos 3 shot -1 0 +1 but these are just the 0 photos. I will use photomatrix 5 to set up the shots and upload them later. Video to follow tonight. View attachment 27256 View attachment 27257 View attachment 27258 View attachment 27259 View attachment 27260 View attachment 27261 View attachment 27262
Really enjoyed the photos, thanks for sharing.

I had a set of these and returned them after one day. None of the filters would seat right, and that would cause gimbal calibration to fail every time

I did the same after kept getting gimbal calibration failed/error several times. Returned and got polarpro cinema nd/pl instead and very happy with them.

OK, so I need some help. I bought the Bower 6 piece filter kit from Best Buy, but when I put them on, I guess they are too big and it makes my gimble get "stuck" when it turns towards the arm, and it sends warnings of motor over heating and tells me to remove the gimble clamp. Has anyone else had this problem or could it be a problem with my camera? Thanks

OK, so I need some help. I bought the Bower 6 piece filter kit from Best Buy, but when I put them on, I guess they are too big and it makes my gimble get "stuck" when it turns towards the arm, and it sends warnings of motor over heating and tells me to remove the gimble clamp. Has anyone else had this problem or could it be a problem with my camera? Thanks

That's what happened to my Neewer nd filters. It was always stuck during gimbal calibration.

I am not sure why? Once the filter is mounted then the camera sees filtered light and transmits the video as it sees it.
An ND (neutral density) affects blacks, whites and greys equally. They are equivalent to putting sunglasses on the lens ~but~ sunglasses that do not change the image, except to evenly darken it slightly. Your camera (or you) simply adjusts the shutter (slower) or the ISO (higher) to return you to the *exact* same image that was transmitted without the filter. Except in the extreme cases where the camera has to drop to a noticeably low shutter speed, no change should be visible to the camera operator ~be the signal transmitted or with the camera in hand.

Just got my set of neewer, I agree, it is hard to put them on. I can’t tell if they are securely sitting. I can hardly make them cover the golden ring around Mavic camera. Also the felt seal is pushing inward like the picture posted by naturecannon, after just two uses on two different filters.
That's strange I never had any problem with the Neewer filters fitting properly and have used several to date...

I bought the same set from Best Buy and they seem to work fine on my mavic. Make sure the filter is seated all the way down. if they are and you are still having problems then I would return them

I bought ND64 made by PGYTech, there is a big difference on the effort needed to install it compared to Neewer (actually it feels little loose compared to Neewer) but check out the side by side picture of Neewer vs PGYTech. When installed PGY covers up to the slot around camera vs Neewer barely covers the golden ring.

I am working with Neewer support to find out whether my filters are defective because the felt(aka lint) gets pushed towards the inner rim of the filter if I try to push it hard to properly install it.
d0c99541a4584f112bbc6090a2bc6b17.jpg

Nice photos and information on these ND filters. I have the PolarPro filters, but I dropped one only 2 feet up and it broke :(

Side note, regarding your photos, it would seem to me as though the Mavic's camera tends to make the horizon very straight and un-natural looking. I've seen this in my photos as well, any way to correct this with the app that you know about?

I have Neewer as well. 6 filter set ND 4 8 and 16 and same in PL. Also bought single ND32. All good and no problems with Gimble fouling

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming