DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neo activation dilemma with iphone fly app

reelanna

Reactions
So I have the iphone smart app on my phone and the neo I run the dji fly app and it asks if I want to join network DJI NE bc80" I say yes and I'm connected to the NEO . Then the app tells me to activate and when I say ok, it tells me I have no wifi connection. It's disconnecting the bluetooth connection from the neo when i switch over to wifi network. When i change my settings on my phone to connect to wifi then the dji app says I'm no longer connected to neo and an aircraft connection is needed to active, HELP. thanks (ps...I dont have a data cell plan..just wifi)

Little more info please, you are in teh US trying to activate a NEO, did you buy it from somewhere in the US? Just curious cause DJI typically don't block activations.....just looking for additional data points.

You have the iPhone and you are using the latest DJI Fly app from the official app store, right?

Not sure what the bluetooth aspect is all about.....

Yes in USA. Latest iPhone app.dji is not blocking the activation. I am unable to connect to my wifi network without disconnecting to neo. And u need a wifi connection to sctivate. I dont have data on my phone.

Suggestion 1: Have mobile data.

Problems:
- You write about Bluetooth, nothing is Bluetooth on the NEO
- Your phone needs internet while being connected to NEO
- The neo certainly will not provide internet to your phone

You will need mobile data OR a phone capable of split 2.4/5 ghz client connections.
One can also use USB Ethernet adapters, they work fine with most USB-C phones.

Suggestion 2: there's a Forum dedicated to NEO: DJI NEO Pilots Drone Forum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigTonka