DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neutral density variable filters

VTOLAIR2

Reactions
Hi I bought some freewell nd filters for my mavic air 2.I set the filter to nd 16 for bright sunny days.filmed in manual but video screen shows stripped overexposure can anyone tell me what's a good starting point with these filters

Hi I bought some freewell nd filters for my mavic air 2.I set the filter to nd 16 for bright sunny days.filmed in manual but video screen shows stripped overexposure can anyone tell me what's a good starting point with these filters
16 is too light for a bright and sunny day. I would use 64 or 128.. You can also adjust the exposure level in the app to compensate.

If you don't know what you are doing with exposure, you'd be a lot better off without the filter and using auto settings.
Despite all the hype in forums about ND filters, they aren't necessary for almost all drone video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom