DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Nevada New Year

Video and photos from January 1, 2023. Near Red Rock National Conservation Area and Las Vegas Nevada. All comments are welcome!
Some great shots but spoilt by the soft focus transitions - very distracting. If you have to use them then reduce the transition to to around 1/2 sec at most.

Some great shots but spoilt by the soft focus transitions - very distracting. If you have to use them then reduce the transition to to around 1/2 sec at most.
Good Point! I was struggling with Davinci Resolve and had several crashes. After repeated failed attempts to improve the clips, I just decided to post what you see here.

On a related point, I am rather disappointed with the (Resolve) software even after purchasing the Studio version. I have the required hardware for 4K editing but experience far too many crashes/freezes even when creating just a 2-minute video.

Perhaps will re-edit the piece in the next few days?

Good Point! I was struggling with Davinci Resolve and had several crashes. After repeated failed attempts to improve the clips, I just decided to post what you see here.

On a related point, I am rather disappointed with the (Resolve) software even after purchasing the Studio version. I have the required hardware for 4K editing but experience far too many crashes/freezes even when creating just a 2-minute video.

Perhaps will re-edit the piece in the next few days?
I’ve been using Resolve for a long time and never had a crash. A lot can depend on the hardware you’re using, but crashes are nearly always software related and often conflicts with other programs. I have one MacBook Pro 2012 model loaded with countless other programs - mostly Adobe, and have never had any application crash. Currently testing an M1 MacBook Pro with Resolve 18.1 and again no issues.

At what point, while you’re editing, are you seeing issues.

It would be worth sending logs to Blackmagic, I know a few of the guys there and they’re very helpful.

BTW. Just testing Resolve on my iPad.

"Crash/Freeze on Render", seems to be a rather common issue, which I experience also. My Windows computer has 32 GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7, and 4 GB NVIDIA 1650 Video. Maybe not Top of Line, but less than 2 years old, and the specs should be adequate. I usually find some work-a-round, and rarely create anything longer than a 5-minute clip.

Also, the updated video here, however, 4K may still be processing on YouTube.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
"Crash/Freeze on Render", seems to be a rather common issue, which I experience also. My Windows computer has 32 GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7, and 4 GB NVIDIA 1650 Video. Maybe not Top of Line, but less than 2 years old, and the specs should be adequate. I usually find some work-a-round, and rarely create anything longer than a 5-minute clip.

Also, the updated video here, however, 4K may still be processing on YouTube.
Much better with plain and simple dissolves.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne