DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never a dull moment with this Platinum

45er

Reactions
I was flying the drone yesterday on a beautiful morning. It was about 100 feet up and 1500 feet from my house and all was well. All of a sudden the view on my IPad shook and the gamble/camera went cockeyed such that it looked like it was photographing the upper corner of the drone itself. Then it reverted to a full screen shot of the last frame of good landscape picture it had taken. The camera basically quit filming and the gimbal quit rotating. Freaky.

I basically just hit the go home button and prayed. Sure enough, it flew straight back and landed normally. The gimbal actually was so cockeyed I thought it had broken. I turned everything off and restarted. To my happy surprise, all the normal startup functions executed. I took the drone off again and it flew, photographed and landed perfectly.

I'm positive that I didn't hit anything except I can't swear a bird didn't hit it (but I don't think so). One thing I remember is that when the weird incident occurred, a small private airplane was flying somewhere. I didn't see it, only heard it. I think this was a coincidence but was it? Could that airplane have emitted a radio frequency that interrupted the flight? I would think it would have done something different, not just jammed the signal to the camera/gimbal but I'm no expert.

Just sharing an experience. Anyone ever had this, or a similar incident happen to them?

Sounds like your gimbal reset in flight. It happens every so often.

Reactions: 45er
Sounds weird, my MPP have never done that before.

it's very common issue..it just catches you off guard the first few times it happens..

It used to happen to me at every second flight. I sent my mpp in for repair, and they replaced the main board. I have yet to test it to see if it still happens.

I will be watching for this again. If it happens as often as every other flight, I will consider sending it in.

I think only some off us are having the issue. My MPP have never done that and I have it close to a Year

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb