DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never too old to learn!

OldGuy

Reactions
Went to my favourite hill this morning with the new Mini 3. Charged everything up as usual the night before except for the Tripltek tablet which was indicating 60+ % battery level. Thinking all would be ok I flew 2 batteries with the Mini 3 which was about 40 minutes total flight time then landed for the third battery. As I was landing a low battery warning came up on the Tripltek tablet. I shut the Mini 3 down and checked the Tripltek battery level. 1% was all that was left!! Never had this before. Normally the Tripltek battery lasts a long time. So can’t think why it dropped so suddenly with only approx 40 minutes of flight time? Of course I am going to fully charge it every time I go flying from now on! Lesson learnt!

It's a super bright tablet that can sustain it's brightness so perhaps you can manually go ahead and turn down the screen brightness when the battery gets low to help save it?

Went to my favourite hill this morning with the new Mini 3. Charged everything up as usual the night before except for the Tripltek tablet which was indicating 60+ % battery level. Thinking all would be ok I flew 2 batteries with the Mini 3 which was about 40 minutes total flight time then landed for the third battery. As I was landing a low battery warning came up on the Tripltek tablet. I shut the Mini 3 down and checked the Tripltek battery level. 1% was all that was left!! Never had this before. Normally the Tripltek battery lasts a long time. So can’t think why it dropped so suddenly with only approx 40 minutes of flight time? Of course I am going to fully charge it every time I go flying from now on! Lesson learnt!
Agree never too old to learn, went out with omm and my Mavic2Pro, on arrival at our flying destination I started to assemble my iPad holder only to realise that I have left my iPad home, never mind will use my iPhone only to find that I have also left my phone at home. Thank you omm for the loan of your ipad whilst you were flying your mini 3 pro with screen, think I need a pre leaving home flight list, am only going on 82, is my memory failing, cheers Len

Charged everything up as usual the night before except for the Tripltek tablet which was indicating 60+ % battery level.

I have the original Tripltek 7 pro that works fine so far.

I too will leave the house with a partial charged Tripltek assuming all is well, but not down to 60%.

I'll keep an eye it.

Thanks for sharing the information.

The battery in the RC N-1 is a beast, so don’t be afraid to set it to charge your tablet whilst using.

I think its time for the formation of an "old flyers" club with the first item on the AGM to be the production of a fully functional reminder device which which activates as we leave home.
Next Tuesday I set off on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth up the coast from Vancouver to Alaska, that's if I have survived the 9.5 hour flight from Heathrow. The big regret is the cruise company ban on the carriage of drones on board. I was hoping to catch footage of bears on the glacier and may be to get my drone to follow the husky towed sled.
Having flown in gliders, hot-air balloons. two seater light aircraft, hang gliders and military freighter aircraft it will be only my second flight in a commercial air liner (with a toilet - vital at my age, and on board catering).
All of this is my treat to myself to celebrate my 83rd . So may be next year I will be allowed to take the drone with me on the planned cruise down to South Georgia. (That's if I have managed to avoid the one way ride in the big black limo!).
Keep flying. Its the only way to go!

Agree never too old to learn, went out with omm and my Mavic2Pro, on arrival at our flying destination I started to assemble my iPad holder only to realise that I have left my iPad home, never mind will use my iPhone only to find that I have also left my phone at home. Thank you omm for the loan of your ipad whilst you were flying your mini 3 pro with screen, think I need a pre leaving home flight list, am only going on 82, is my memory failing, cheers Len
It is happening to all of us!

Reactions: Joe Horn
Thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4