DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New .0500 firmware?

buseng

Reactions
Just had notification via the DJI Go4 app that there is new firmware for my MPP. v01.04.500.
.400 only come out a short while ago.
Anyone else had this & what the changes are?

I was flying yesterday and during a battery swap, I could no longer launch without the "firmware" upgrade. Packed up went home, charged batteries hit WiFi and let it go.

Prior to this update my video and controls were beginning to lag and video was pixilated somewhat.

I did have to roll back to DJI go 4 4.2.14 a couple of months ago. Since that things had been functioning well, till lately.

I'm very happy to report that this far as of this morning, everything is functioning better than it has since early spring. I'm still in the rolled back version of Go4 using a S7 edge phone. I took her out 4200 feet @ 398 elevation with perfect picture and control. Once the Sun goes lower this evening I'll do more.

I'm pretty thankful I saw this BEFORE I went out, yeah it seems its a mandatory update. It took a good 12-15 min on my end for this to download, install at home on WiFi.

Flight seemed perfectly fine, no issues with flight on my end thankfully!
I DID get this "Weak Antenna Signal" prompt again - only 1500ft out..second time this happened in an area where I never had a problem.

I'm going to chalk this up to something in immediate area messing with the signal for now, it is a congested area also. Getting home from work and the sun setting early, it's a little harder to take a longer drive away from here and take the bird up. Oh well.

Well I made 5600 feet give or take. Line of sight "eh" not so much. We have a lot out hills and trees in Missouri. I was directly over my buddies place watching him grab his mail it's of the box. When BOOM signal GONE!!!

I actually went in grabbed keys started truck for a rescue mission "or recovery" from 394 feet I was preparing for the worst. But she flipped to RTH and I am drinking a Margarita , smoking a Macunudo 1968 on the deck.

Thank you drone gods who have smiled upon me.

Reactions: gothen
I am sticking with the last firmware update rather than update to the latest that supports the MP2 for the goggles. Don't plan to get the MP2 either so am wondering if I have to update the firmware and not continue to get nags to update????

A bit confused: so if it is for Mavic 2, why is it showing up as a needed update for mavic 1 (and my mavic 2 says there are no new updates needed).

It is not an update for the Mavic 2.
It is an update for the DJI goggles to support being used with a Mavic 2.

For some kinda stupid reason DJI decided back in the day that the Goggles firmware would be distributed within Mavic 1 firmware packages, so this shows up as a Mavic 1 update even if there is no change at all for the aircraft / RC.

Reactions: AForceone
For some kinda stupid reason DJI decided back in the day that the Goggles firmware would be distributed within Mavic 1 firmware packages, so this shows up as a Mavic 1 update even if there is no change at all for the aircraft / RC.
Ah, I get it now. Thanks!

I got tired of being nagged to update the firmware on my MP, so did it anyway. Maybe some enhancements for the MP1.

I just did the mandatory update today. No I can’t fly. Code 200 came up . Contact DJI . WTF. It was working fine last week, then I stared having cut out and choppy video, twitchy camera and now this. Well It was a good drone for almost a year. These **** updates always screw someone up.

Its not a mandatory update. Flew 5 flights ignoring it without any issues at all.

Flashed eventually, changes nothing. Everything works as before.

It was mandatory the 3rd or 4th time I flew yesterday, I switched from iPad mini 4 to Android Galaxy S8+. Try to update in the field but had no luck. Last night 3 attempts failed giving me code 200 and to contact DJI. Today I rolled back to 400 using My computer, then updated through WiFi to controller and MP . All went well . Mission complete. All systems go. I’m also running the newest up to date Go 4 Apps.

Just a status point: with Mavic Pro and Huawei Ascend XT2 (Android 7.0)

Updated phone app to DJI GO4 rev 4.3.0, MP and RC to new firmware 1.04.0500.
Hovered in the yard about an hour (three batteries) with no apparent issues, pixilation or disconnects. (weather is getting cooler - heat sometimes increases app problems)

Keeping one of my two phones with DJI GO4 rev 4.2.6, my old standby. The other phone formerly used DJI GO4 4.1.15 which mostly worked but had seen two app disconnects; I will leave it with the 4.3.0 for a while.

I don't think recent software or firmware changes have much to do with the Mavic Pro any more and they are not adding new features so I'm thinking the time has come to freeze the MP system software and use a dedicated phone disconnected form the world.

The Airmap (see airmap.com) app has been updated to control some drones. Tried this and although it lacks many of the features of the DJI apps it does let you control the plane and take pictures. If you are having serious pixilation issues with the DJI app and don't want to buy Litchi you might try Airmap . That app's primary purpose, though, is for controlling your airspace and maybe eventually letting you submit quick flight plans to local airports if you want to.

I was flying yesterday and during a battery swap, I could no longer launch without the "firmware" upgrade. Packed up went home, charged batteries hit WiFi and let it go.

Prior to this update my video and controls were beginning to lag and video was pixilated somewhat.

I did have to roll back to DJI go 4 4.2.14 a couple of months ago. Since that things had been functioning well, till lately.

I'm very happy to report that this far as of this morning, everything is functioning better than it has since early spring. I'm still in the rolled back version of Go4 using a S7 edge phone. I took her out 4200 feet @ 398 elevation with perfect picture and control. Once the Sun goes lower this evening I'll do more.
Hi what firmware you have on your mavic because i have

Hi what FW version you installed on your mavic ? I stick with 01.04.0200 and its excellent without any problem .

Nothing at all for aircraft and RC, it's just an update for the original (white) goggles to support the Mavic 2.
Not true. I have updated my goggles already before using DJI Assistant 2. So there would have been no need here for the update to be applied. Something has been changed for both Mavic Pro and remote, too. But actually there is no change record available on DJI.com.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan